Ace Football previews the Premier League round 24 match between Crystal Palace and Chelsea and offers team news, stats and a free betting tip with the latest odds.
Chelsea swing over to Selhurst Park on Monday to face Crystal Palace in a London derby in the Premier League.
Form: Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
Crystal Palace Form
Crystal Palace are currently performing inconsistently, as they lost against Arsenal by a 5-0 score, before winning 3-2 against Sheffield United. They were back on the losing side in a 4-1 defeat against Brighton. The Eagles managed to win two of their past six home matches in the Premier League. In the remaining four, they drew one and lost three, as they scored ten and conceded 11 goals.
Chelsea suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches as they were run over by Liverpool in a 4-1 defeat. Wolverhampton also proved too hard to handle as they won 2-4, before Chelsea were able to strike back in a 1-3 win against Aston Villa. In their last six Premier League away matches, the Blues failed to win more than once. Instead, they’ve drawn zero and lost five, scoring seven while also conceding 16 times.
Betting facts for Crystal Palace and Chelsea
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on the stats from the last couple of matches that Crystal Palace and Chelsea played across all tournaments.
- Crystal Palace have conceded in the last 12 matches in a row in the Premier League
- In 10 of the last 12 matches Crystal Palace played in the Premier League, both teams scored
- In the last 3 Crystal Palace matches the sum of goals was over 4.5
- In the last 3 Crystal Palace matches in the Premier League, the sum of goals was over 4.5
- Crystal Palace have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Chelsea have conceded in 20 of the last 22 away matches
- Chelsea have conceded in 17 of the last 19 away matches in the Premier League
- In 7 of the last 8 away matches Chelsea played in the Premier League, both teams scored
- Chelsea have lost 6 of the last 7 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Chelsea have scored in 15 of the last 17 matches in the Premier League
Players to watch: Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
It is difficult to look past Cole Palmer, when searching for a goalscorer, as he seems in wonderful shape. He has hit the target four times in recent Premier League matches for Chelsea, with a total for the season saying ten goals scored in this Premier League campaign.
Popular markets: Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
Selhurst Park saw Crystal Palace winning two, drawing four, and losing four of their 10 most recent games there across all tournaments. Chelsea won four of their 10 most recent away games, drew zero, and lost six. The Blues have beaten Crystal Palace in 13 consecutive meetings.
Both teams to score
Amazingly, Crystal Palace scored the first goal of the match in just one out of the last ten games at home. Chelsea scored the opening goal in seven of the last ten games. Both teams have scored in the last four home games Crystal Palace played in the Premier League. Chelsea managed two wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches. The Blues have also scored in nine consecutive meetings with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of Crystal Palace’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 1.2 goals during this run. Betting on over 2.5 goals in the last ten Chelsea matches would have returned some winnings in seven of them. Chelsea managed to score an average of 2.2 goals per game.
Suggested bet: Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
The match between Crystal Palace and Chelsea should be an interesting one to watch and play some bets on, too. Therefore, we have come up with a free betting tip for this Premier League game.