Ace Football previews the Champions League game between Monchengladbach and Manchester City and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
Manchester City switch their attention to the Champions League as they take on Borussia Monchengladbach at the Puskas Arena.
The Citizens are on devastating form at the moment, and the question remains as to who can stop them.
City have won their last 18 games across all competitions in a run that started back in November.
It’s more impressive that they haven’t trailed at all during their last 17 Premier League fixtures.
There is a further reason why Monchengladbach should be scared. City also enter this tie after four straight wins against German sides in this competition, with the English champions-elect banging in an average of 3.5 goals per game.
Monchengladbach have only won one out of their last five fixtures across all competitions. In what is their first-ever round of 16 clash, they have it all to do against Europe’s most in-form side.
Borussia Monchengladbach Form and Stats
Borussia Monchengladbach reached the Champions League knockout rounds despite losing their last two group games. They lost 3-2 at home against Inter Milan and 2-0 at Real Madrid.
Marco Rose’s side have been in poor form since beating 2-1 at Stuttgart in the German Cup.
Gladbach have lost 2-1 at home against lowly Koln and Mainz. Those defeats were interrupted with a 0-0 draw at Wolfsburg.
Borussia Monchengladbach are struggling to create chances, registering under 0.66 expected goals in their last four Bundesliga matches.
Key Team Stats
- Borussia Monchengladbach have lost their last 2 home matches (Bundesliga).
- Borussia Monchengladbach have lost their last 2 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Borussia Monchengladbach have registered under 0.66 expected goals in their last 4 matches (Bundesliga).
Manchester City Form and Stats
Manchester City are in sensational form, winning their last 18 matches and five of their last six by 2+ goals. They have kept five straight clean sheets in the Champions League.
Pep Guardiola’s side are beating everything in front of them. The winning run includes victories against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Liverpool.
Man City recently won 3-0 at home against Tottenham before a 3-1 victory at Everton. Their last match was a 1-0 win against Arsenal in London, with Raheem Sterling scoring the winner in the 2nd minute.
Key Team Stats
- Man City have won by 2+ goals in 2 of their last 3 matches against Borussia Monchengladbach (UEFA Champions League).
- Man City have won their last 18 matches (all competitions).
- Man City have won by 2+ goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Man City have kept 5 consecutive clean sheets (UEFA Champions League).
- Man City have won to nil in 10 of their last 14 matches (all competitions).
Monchengladbach: Marcus Thuram (doubt), Mamadou Doucoure (injured)
Manchester City: Nathan Ake (injured)
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Manchester City have a 3-1 advantage against Borussia Monchengladbach with 2 draws in 6 matches.
They last met in the 2016/17 Champions League group stage, Man City winning 4-0 at home before a 1-1 draw in Germany.