Ace Football previews the Serie A tie between Inter Milan and Lazio, and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
An in-form Lazio take the daunting trip to San Siro on Sunday night to face Serie A title hopefuls Inter Milan.
The outcome in Milan could change the outlook of both the title and top-four battles in Serie A. Inter can move top of the table, following AC Milan’s defeat to Spezia, by claiming victory. But Lazio, who sit seven points behind their second-placed foes in sixth, could leapfrog Juventus into third with a win.
It sets up a tense and finely balanced fixture in Lombardy. Nothing can be ruled out, with both clubs having everything to play for and being evenly matched in the past. In fact, they have claimed one win and a draw each in their last three meetings.
Inter Milan Form & Stats
A first Scudetto title in over a decade is very much the priority. Inter are out of the Coppa Italia following a semi-final defeat to Juventus, suffered a Champions League group-stage exit, and failed to qualify for the Europa League.
But while these failures are disappointing for a club of Inter’s stature, they could be a blessing in disguise. The Nerazzurri can focus properly on a league title bid. And leapfrogging AC Milan into first-place on Sunday would be the perfect response.
Head coach Antonio Conte has converted the attacking potential at his disposal into results. With the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez, Inter have won 11 of their last 15 games (D3 L1) and scored a league-best 51 goals. They also bagged key victories over title rivals Juventus and Napoli in the process.
Key Team Stats
- Won 11 of their last 15 league games (D3 L1).
- Scored a league-best of 51 goals.
- Aim to keep 5 consecutive clean sheets in the league for the first time since April 2018.
- Last won eight home league games in a row in February 2017.
- Romelu Lukaku has only scored 3 goals in his last 8 league games.
Lazio Form & Stats
Ciro Immobile once again supplied the goal to seal Lazio a 1-0 win over Cagliari last weekend. The striker hasn’t scored over one goal in a match this season yet, but he’s been consistent by scoring in 14 of his 19 appearances. Four of his goals, in fact, have been match-winners.
The reigning European and Serie A Golden Boot winner’s form coincides with Lazio’s improvement. Despite a difficult start, the Biancocelesti’s six-match winning run has moved them up to sixth in the league table. And, with only a two-point deficit to the top-four, Champions League qualification for a second consecutive season is on.
On the road, meanwhile, Simone Inzaghi’s men have the league’s third-best record. They’ve won six of their 10 games and only narrowly lost to Juventus and AC Milan by a one-goal margin. Therefore, they can head to the Giuseppe Meazza with confidence.
Key Team Stats
- On a six-match winning run in the league.
- Third-best away record in the league (W6 D2 L2).
- BTTS in 4 of their last 5 games in all competitions.
- Unbeaten in 3 of their last 4 league games against Inter (W2 D1).
- Ciro Immobile has scored a goal in 14 of his 19 league games.
- Ciro Immobile can become the fastest Serie A player in history to score his 150th goal in only 245 appearances.
Out: Thomas Strakosha, Luiz Felipe, Felipe Caicedo.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Goalscorers in Serie A
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in Serie A.
* DC: 1X – Double Chance on Home Team (Inter Milan)