Belgium have included stars such as Hazard, Lukaku, and De Bruyne for the European Championship this summer.
Belgium manager Roberto Martinez has included Eden Hazard in his 26-man squad for this summer’s European Championship.
Despite another injury-hit campaign with Real Madrid, Hazard’s has recently returned to action. He’s played in the club’s last eight games and scored a crucial equalizer against Sevilla recently.
Real Madrid teammate Thibaut Courtois is also in the Belgium squad as the national team’s goalkeeper.
Leicester City’s FA Cup hero Youri Tielemans, meanwhile, is in the squad along with Foxes teammates Timothy Castagne and Dennis Praet. As is Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne and Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku.
— Belgian Red Devils (@BelRedDevils) May 17, 2021
The following players are on standby:
- Thomas Kaminski (Blackburn).
- Alexis Saelemaekers (AC Milan).
- Albert Sambi Lokonga (Anderlecht).
- Bryan Heynen (Genk),
- Thomas Foket (Reims),
- Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad).
- Brandon Mechele (Club Brugge).
- Jordan Lukaku (Lazio).
- Zinho Vanheusden (Standard Liège).
- Yari Verschaeren (Anderlecht).
- Charles De Ketelaere (Club Brugge).
Belgium begin their Euro 2020 campaign against Russia on June 12 in a Group B opener. Fixtures against Denmark (June 17) and Finland (June 21) will follow.