The Bundesliga giants have made a startling revelation on Sancho ahead of the summer transfer window.
Sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed Jadon Sancho has a “gentlemen’s agreement” with Borussia Dortmund regarding a transfer exit.
The said accordance can only be used under certain criteria, which Zorc didn’t disclose.
Sancho’s teammate Erling Haaland, who is under the radar of a host of top European clubs, doesn’t share the same informal agreement.
— The DFB-Pokal (@DFBPokal_EN) May 1, 2021
“We already had a gentlemen’s agreement with Jadon last year that he can switch under certain conditions,” Zorc told ARD.
“He’s been with us for a couple of years. However, this agreement does not exist with Erling.”
Sancho, of course, was subject to heavy interest from Manchester United last summer. The Red Devils, however, couldn’t match Dortmund’s asking price of £100 million and pulled out.
“In the end, the requirements were not met,” Zorc said on United’s failed attempt.
Although Sancho’s primary focus will probably be on sealing a spot in the England national team for this summer’s European Championship.
The 21-year-old had another impressive outing on Saturday to help Dortmund thrash German second division side Holstein Kiel 5-0 in a DFB-Pokal semi-final clash.