Ace Football previews the Champions League game between Bayern Munich and Lazio and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
After a 4-1 away victory in the first leg, Bayern Munich are widely expected to topple Lazio once again.
The reigning European champions have been better in recent weeks and any hopes of a comeback are rather slim for the Italian outfit.
To go with, Bayern are a different side on home turf and have averaged almost three goals per game at the Allianz Arena this term.
It doesn’t get any better for Lazio, with the Italian side on faltering form at the moment. I Biancocelesti only got back to winning ways with a narrow 3-2 win over Crotone last Friday. They have only two wins from their last six games. It would take something special to see them stopping their German opponents today.
Bayern Munich Form and Stats
Bayern Munich have won 11 of their last 13 matches including winning the FIFA Club World Cup. They returned to Bundesliga with a 3-3 draw against Arminia Bielefeld and a 2-1 defeat at Eintracht Frankfurt.
The Bavarians bounced back strong in the Champions League. FC Bayern won 4-1 against Lazio in Rome as they continually ripped the Italian club apart.
Hansi Flick’s side have won three straight games in Bundesliga. Bayern beat Koln 5-1 and Borussia Dortmund 4-2 before a 3-1 win at Werder Bremen.
Lewandowski is in sensational form, scoring 32 goals in 24 Bundesliga appearances this season. He has scored 9 goals in his last 6 matches in all competitions.
Key Team Stats
- Bayern Munich have seen BTTS in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Bayern Munich have won 17 of their last 18 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Bayern Munich have won by 2+ goals in their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Bayern Munich have seen over 3.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Bayern Munich won 4-1 in their last match against Lazio (UEFA Champions League).
Lazio Form and Stats
Lazio have lost four of their last six matches in all competitions. They lost 3-1 at Inter Milan before a 1-0 home win against Sampdoria.
Simone Inzaghi’s side suffered a 4-1 home defeat to Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League. Their defending was dire and they have little chance of overturning the deficit.
Lazio went on the road in Serie A, losing 2-0 in Bologna and 3-1 at Juventus. They dominated bottom club Crotone at Stadio Olimpico in their last match, winning 3-2 thanks to an 84th-minute strike to Felipe Caicedo.
Key Team Stats
- Lazio have seen BTTS in their last 7 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Lazio have lost by 2+ goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Lazio have lost 4 of their last 5 away matches (all competitions).
- Lazio have seen over 3.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 away matches (all competitions).
Bayern Munich: Defender David Alaba missed the Werder Bremen match and is doubtful for this game. Midfielder Corentin Tolisso and winger Douglas Costa are injured.
Lazio: Centre back Luiz Felipe are winger Manuel Lazzari are injured. Midfielder Jean-Daniel Akpa Akpro is doubtful.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
The first match between Bayern Munich and Lazio was in the first leg in Rome.
Bayern were too good, winning 4-1 with Robert Lewandowski, Jamal Musiala, and Leroy Sane all scoring in the first half.