Ace Football Team previews the Premier League round 16 match between Wolves and Arsenal who meet up on Saturday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Arsenal are highly favored by the bookmakers to claim a win on Saturday against Wolves in the Premier League. Considering the current shape a home win at Molineux Stadium seem to be the obvious outcome. Although Wolves are behind Arsenal in the table by double digits, beating the league leaders in the Premier League would be huge for the hosts.
Position in the Premier League table: Wolves vs Arsenal
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Wolves and Arsenal have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 16 clash on Saturday.
Current form and fixture history of Wolves vs Arsenal
Wolves can build on the recent win
Wolves hope for some consistency, as their last three matches added four points to their account. A meeting with Brentford resulted in a 1-1 draw, followed by a 2-3 defeat against Brighton, before beating Leeds by 1-0.
Arsenal hope to bounce back
Results have been on par for the Gunners in their past games, as they have performed more or less according to expectations. In the last three matches, Arsenal beat FC Zurich 1-0, won 0-1 against Chelsea, and lost 1-3 against Brighton.
Fixture history: Wolves vs Arsenal
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Arsenal came away as 2-1 winners. It was a match played at Emirates Stadium back in February 2022 in the Premier League. This time round, betting on Arsenal will get you odds 1.55, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 65% chance of beating Wolves. You can get a price of 6.00, should you wish to add Wolves to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Wolves and Arsenal met:
Betting stats and facts for Wolves and Arsenal
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that Wolves and Arsenal played across all tournaments.
- Wolverhampton have not won 9 of the last 11 matches
- Wolverhampton have lost 6 of the last 8 matches
- Wolverhampton have conceded in 7 of the last 8 matches
- In 3 of the last 4 matches Wolverhampton played, both teams scored
- Wolverhampton have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches
- Arsenal have not lost 23 of the last 25 matches
- Arsenal have scored in 24 of the last 25 matches
- Arsenal have won 11 of the last 13 matches
- Arsenal have not lost 11 of the last 13 away matches
- Arsenal have scored in 12 of the last 13 away matches
- Wolverhampton have conceded in the last 16 matches in a row versus Arsenal
- In 12 of the last 13 Wolverhampton matches versus Arsenal the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Wolverhampton versus Arsenal played, both teams scored
- Wolverhampton have conceded in the last 8 home matches in a row versus Arsenal
- Wolverhampton have lost 6 of the last 8 home matches versus Arsenal
Players to watch in Wolves vs Arsenal
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in the Premier League show that Wolves might be relying on in-form Ruben Neves when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Granit Xhaka has been one of the decisive players from Arsenal recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop on Saturday.
Best tips for the match: Wolves vs Arsenal
To sum up, the upcoming match between Wolves and Arsenal seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.