Ace Football previews the Premier League game between West Ham and Man City who meet up on Sunday. The match preview includes team and H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
West Ham come up against visiting side Man City in a Premier League round 1 match. The duel will take place at London Stadium this coming Sunday and it should be interesting enough to follow.
The Hammers go into the season with the clear aim of a top-half finish, perhaps even contesting for a place in a European competition. Man City will have their sight set on grabbing the trophy, while a place in the top 2 looks a likely prospect before the Premier League gets rolling.
The way we look at it, both West Ham and Man City will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game this coming Sunday.
Position in the Premier League table: West Ham vs Man City
In the opening round of the Premier League, West Ham and Man City will battle for their first points this campaign. Since Man City emerge as favorites, they are expected to only be satisfied with all three points from this match. However, West Ham will surely not make it easy for them and might as well want to grab a point in their first game of the season. The opening round of the Premier League will bring us several matches to be excited about and we believe that this clash is one of them.
Latest form and fixture history of West Ham against Man City
West Ham had a tough end
West Ham collected four points from their last three matches of the previous Premier League season, starting with a 0-4 win against Norwich. It was followed by a 2-2 draw with Manchester City and a 3-1 defeat against Brighton.
Man City hope to bounce back
Results have been dismal for Man City in recent weeks and they will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. In their last three matches, Man City drew 2-2 with West Ham, won 3-2 against Aston Villa, and lost 3-1 against Liverpool.
Fixture history: West Ham vs Man City
The most recent outing in the Premier League between West Ham and Man City took place in November 2021. The match failed to produce a winner, with the score reading 2-2 after the final whistle. Depending on your betting strategy, another draw will no doubt spike up your next accumulator.
Highlights from the last time West Ham and Man City met:
Betting stats and facts for West Ham and Man City
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between West Ham and Man City. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- West Ham have scored in 28 of the last 29 home matches
- In the last 6 home matches in a row West Ham played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 9 matches West Ham played, both teams scored
- West Ham have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- West Ham have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Manchester City have scored in 25 of the last 27 away matches
- Manchester City have scored in the last 13 matches in a row
- Manchester City have not lost 17 of the last 19 away matches
- Manchester City have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 5 of the last 6 matches Manchester City played, both teams scored
- West Ham have conceded in the last 19 matches in a row versus Manchester City
- West Ham have not won the last 13 matches versus Manchester City in a row
- West Ham have lost 10 of the last 12 matches versus Manchester City
- West Ham have not won 13 of the last 15 home matches versus Manchester City
- In 8 of the last 9 West Ham home matches versus Manchester City the sum of goals was over 2.5
Jarrod Bowen has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. West Ham will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against Man City. The visitors are surely hoping Gabriel Jesus adds another to his current total. With five goals in the last six matches, Gabriel Jesus boasts a decent goal to games ratio.
Best betting tips: West Ham vs Man City
To sum up, the upcoming Premier League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.