Ace Football previews the Championship game between Watford and Sheffield Utd who meet up this coming Monday. The match preview includes the current team and H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
The Championship opening round at Vicarage Road Stadium on Monday will see visitors Sheffield Utd facing home side Watford. The big goal of the season for Watford is naturally winning the title, and a place inside the top 2 at least should be possible in the upcoming season. While a title race is perhaps too optimistic a long throw, a podium finish does not look beyond Sheffield Utd, should they catch a strong momentum.
Position in the Championship standings: Watford vs Sheffield Utd
Since it is the first round of the Championship, both teams are yet to grab their first points this season. Will Watford take advantage of their home ground and get all 3 points from this game? The visitor team Sheffield Utd might as well do their best to start recording points right in their first game of the season. One way or the other, it will be interesting to watch these two sides fight for their first points in this campaign.
Current form and previous Championship encounters between Watford and Sheffield Utd
Watford go through tough weeks
Watford suffered a poor end to the end of the previous campaign and will be desperate for a quick turnaround. A single point is all the Hornets can show for their efforts in the past three matches. They managed a 0-0 draw with Everton, before getting trounced 1-5 against Leicester while Chelsea won 2-1.
Sheffield Utd dream of re-start
Results were dismal for Sheffield Utd at the end of last season. They will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. The Blades first beat Fulham by 4-0. This was followed by two consecutive 2-1 defeats to Nottingham Forest.
Latest encounters between Watford and Sheffield Utd
Betting on Watford winning to nil in their last 3 meetings with Sheffield Utd in the Championship would have been a sound choice. They ended up winning 3-0 in March 2011, 1-0 in October 2010, and 3-0 in February 2010 respectively. Perhaps something worth considering before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
The last game between these teams in the Premier League, however, ended in a 1-1 draw in December 2019.
Highlights from the last game between Watford and Sheffield Utd:
Watford vs Sheffield Utd Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Watford and Sheffield Utd. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Watford have not won 28 of the last 30 matches
- Watford have not won the last 16 home matches in a row
- Watford have lost 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Watford have conceded in 20 of the last 22 home matches
- Watford have lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Sheffield United have scored in the last 10 matches in a row
- Sheffield United have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Sheffield United have not lost the last 6 away matches in a row
- Sheffield United have won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Sheffield United have won the last 3 away matches in a row
- In the last 8 Watford matches versus Sheffield United the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 9 Watford home matches versus Sheffield United the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Watford have won the last 3 matches versus Sheffield United in a row
- Watford have scored in 8 of the last 10 matches versus Sheffield United
- Watford have not lost the last 3 matches versus Sheffield United in a row
Ahead of the start of the 2022/23 Championship season, both Watford and Sheffield Utd will be looking for their main strikers. Accordingly, we have listed some of the in-form players who are expected to be getting it on for each team this season.
Best tips for the match: Watford vs Sheffield Utd
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Watford and Sheffield Utd, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.