Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the La Liga round 15 game between Villarreal and Valencia and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Although only separated by a few points, Valencia will have their work cut out for them this coming Saturday. Villarreal are favored to maintain the lead they currently hold over Los Che in La Liga when the two sides go head-to-head this weekend.
Current La Liga standings
The current standings in La Liga show us how Villarreal and Valencia have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 15 clash on Saturday.
Latest form and previous La Liga encounter between Villarreal and Valencia
Villarreal struggling for results
Villarreal have seen it all in their last three matches, which gave them four points. Against Mallorca, they came out empty-handed in a 0-2 defeat, whereafter they avenged themselves in a 0-1 win against Espanyol. Their latest match saw them sharing the spoils in a 1-1 draw against Guijuelo.
Valencia caught in a slump
Results have been dismal for Valencia in recent weeks, and they will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. In their past three matches, Valencia lost 0-1 against Barcelona, drew 1-1 with Real Sociedad, and won 3-0 against Real Betis.
Latest encounters between Villarreal and Valencia
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Villarreal came away as 2-0 winners. It was a match played at Estadio de la Ceramica back in April 2022 in La Liga. This time round, betting on Valencia will get you odds 4.20, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 24% chance of beating Villarreal. You can get a price of 1.95, should you wish to add Villarreal to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Betting stats and facts for Villarreal vs Valencia
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Villarreal and Valencia. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Villarreal have scored in 24 of the last 26 home matches
- Villarreal have not lost 9 of the last 10 home matches
- In the last 3 Villarreal matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Villarreal have conceded in 8 of the last 10 matches
- Villarreal have scored in the last 4 matches in a row
- In the last 6 away matches in a row Valencia played, both teams scored
- Valencia have conceded in the last 10 away matches in a row
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Valencia played, both teams scored
- Valencia have scored in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Valencia have conceded in 12 of the last 14 matches
- In the last 10 Villarreal matches versus Valencia the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Villarreal have not lost 12 of the last 14 home matches versus Valencia
- In the last 7 Villarreal home matches versus Valencia the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Villarreal have won the last 3 home matches in a row versus Valencia while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- Villarreal have scored in 12 of the last 14 home matches versus Valencia
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in La Liga show that Villarreal might be relying on in-form Arnaut Danjuma when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Edinson Cavani has been one of the decisive players from Valencia recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop on Saturday.
Best tips for the match: Villarreal vs Valencia
To summarise, the upcoming match between Villarreal and Valencia appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.