Ace Football previews the La Liga game between Villarreal and Real Madrid who meet up this coming Saturday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Villarreal enjoy home advantage when visitors Real Madrid swing by on Saturday for a clash in La Liga. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count. Going into the match as the underdog, Villarreal will be highly motivated to keep their positive run going against Real Madrid. A good result certainly does not look beyond their powers.
Current La Liga standings
The current standings in La Liga show us how Villarreal and Real Madrid have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 16 clash this coming Saturday.
Latest form and fixture history of Villarreal against Real Madrid
Villarreal on a roll
Villarreal look to build on their current momentum with another positive result. Their last three matches saw Villarreal drawing 1-1 with Guijuelo, before taking out Valencia by 2-1, and Cartagena by 1-5.
Real Madrid are looking formidable
Real Madrid are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Cadiz got left behind in a 2-1 win, before Real Valladolid got hammered in a 0-2 victory. Cacereno was the most recent victim in a 0-1 win for Real Madrid.
Latest games between Villarreal and Real Madrid
The scoreline ended 0-0 in the two La Liga games Villarreal and Real Madrid played out against each other last season. Backing another draw here pays out at 3.80 at the time of writing, implying there is a 26% chance of a point for both sides on Saturday.
Betting stats and facts for Villarreal vs Real Madrid
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Villarreal and Real Madrid played across all tournaments.
- Villarreal have scored in 25 of the last 27 home matches
- Villarreal have not lost 10 of the last 11 home matches
- Villarreal have won 7 of the last 8 matches
- Villarreal have lost the last 3 matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
- In 6 of the last 7 Villarreal matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 24 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have not lost 22 of the last 24 matches
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 13 away matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Real Madrid played, both teams scored
- Real Madrid have not lost 11 of the last 13 away matches
- Villarreal have not won 22 of the last 24 matches versus Real Madrid
- Villarreal have not won 11 of the last 12 home matches versus Real Madrid
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Villarreal versus Real Madrid played, both teams scored
- Villarreal have drawn the last 5 home matches versus Real Madrid in a row
- Villarreal have conceded in 12 of the last 14 home matches versus Real Madrid
In spite of scoring only one goal recently, Samuel Chukwueze is one of the players from Villarreal that is expected to hit the net again quite soon. Similarly, Real Madrid have star striker Karim Benzema back in top form.
Villarreal vs Real Madrid Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming match between Villarreal and Real Madrid seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.