Ace Football previews the Champions League clash between Viktoria Plzen and Barcelona and offers team news, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Viktoria Plzen come up against visiting side Barcelona in a Champions League fixture. The game will take place at Doosan Arena Plzen this Tuesday and it should be an exciting one. Both teams may already out of the competition, but they’ll be determined to go out on a high.
Position in the Champions League table: Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona
The current standings in Group C show us how Viktoria Plzen and Barcelona have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 6 clash on Tuesday.
Current form and fixture history of Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona
Viktoria Plzen on a roll
Viktoria Plzen will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. Viktoria Plzen beat Banik Ostrava by 3-1, lost 4-0 against Inter, before defeating FC Zlin 0-3.
Barcelona hope to boost points tally
Results have been up and down for Barcelona, who beat Athletic Bilbao by 4-0. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 0-3 against Bayern Munich, before claiming three points in a 0-1 win against Valencia.
Latest encounters between Viktoria Plzen and Barcelona
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Barcelona came away as 5-1 winners. It was a match played at Spotify Camp Nou back in September 2022 in the Champions League. This time round, betting on Barcelona will get you odds 1.36, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 74% chance of three points at home. You can get a price of 8.00, should you wish to add Viktoria Plzen to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Betting stats and facts for Viktoria Plzen and Barcelona
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Viktoria Plzen and Barcelona. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Viktoria Plzen have scored in 32 of the last 34 home matches
- Viktoria Plzen have won 8 of the last 10 home matches
- Viktoria Plzen have not lost 8 of the last 10 home matches
- Viktoria Plzen have scored in 7 of the last 9 matches
- Viktoria Plzen have conceded in 6 of the last 8 matches
- Barcelona have scored in 10 of the last 12 away matches
- Barcelona have scored in 7 of the last 9 matches
- Barcelona have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches
- Barcelona have not won 3 of the last 4 away matches
- Viktoria Plzen have lost the last 3 matches versus Barcelona in a row
- Viktoria Plzen have not won the last 3 matches versus Barcelona in a row
- Viktoria Plzen have conceded in the last 3 matches in a row versus Barcelona
It is difficult to look past Tomas Chory, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 3 times in his last 6 games for Viktoria Plzen. As Robert Lewandowski will be rested for this match, Barcelona may look to forwards like Ousmane Dembele and Ansu Fati to get the goals in.
Best tips for the match: Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Champions League match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.