Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Serie A round 12 game between Verona and Roma and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
The upper end meets the lower end of the Serie A standings, as Roma face off against Verona. It is a match that offers both sides the opportunity to either consolidate or improve their league positions. As it is one of the “top against the bottom” game, Roma should prove to be too strong for Verona, despite playing away from home. We have not seen enough from the hosts lately to consider them up for the task at Stadio M. A. Bentegodi.
Position in the Serie A table: Verona vs Roma
The current standings in Serie A show us how Verona and Roma have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 12 clash this coming Monday.
Current form and fixture history of Verona vs Roma
Verona desperate for points
Results have been abysmal lately for Verona, who will be desperate to turn a page in their upcoming fixture. In their last three matches, Verona lost 2-1 against Salernitana, 1-2 against AC Milan, and 2-1 against Sassuolo.
Roma in decent shape
Results have been pretty much up to scratch in recent matches for Roma, who have performed more or less according to expectations. Six points are what Jose Mourinho’s side have to show from their past three matches, as they beat Sampdoria by 0-1. This was followed by a 0-1 defeat against SSC Napoli, before winning 1-2 against HJK in the Europa League.
Fixture history: Verona vs Roma
The last match between these two teams ended in a 2-2 draw in February 2022 at the Stadio Olimpico. Despite Verona snatching a two-goal lead before the break, Roma recovered with two second-half goals to salvage a point. Interestedly, Jose Mourinho’s men have only won once in their last four meetings (D1 L2) against Salvatore Bocchetti’s side.
Highlights from the last game between Verona and Roma:
Betting stats and facts for Verona and Roma
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Verona and Roma. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Verona have conceded in 26 of the last 28 matches
- Verona have scored in 18 of the last 20 home matches
- Verona have not won 11 of the last 12 matches
- Verona have lost the last 6 matches in a row
- In 6 of the last 7 home matches Verona played, both teams scored
- Roma have scored in 19 of the last 21 away matches
- In 4 of the last 5 away matches Roma played, both teams scored
- Roma have conceded in 9 of the last 11 matches
- Roma have not lost 7 of the last 9 away matches
- Roma have scored in 8 of the last 10 matches
- Verona have not won 18 of the last 20 matches versus Roma
- Verona have conceded in 19 of the last 20 matches versus Roma
- In 8 of the last 10 home matches Verona versus Roma played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 Verona matches versus Roma the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 5 of the last 6 matches Verona versus Roma played, both teams scored
Players to zoom in on in Verona vs Roma
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in Serie A show that Verona might be relying on an in-form Josh Doig when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, as Paulo Dybala is sidelined, Roma may rely on Tammy Abraham on the goal front.
Best betting tips: Verona vs Roma
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Verona and Roma, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.