Ace Football previews the La Liga clash between Valencia and Real Betis and offers team news, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Valencia will be taking on visiting team Real Betis at Estadio Mestalla in a La Liga tie this coming Thursday. Although only separated by a few points, Real Betis will have their work cut out for them. Valencia are favored to maintain the lead they currently hold on Real Betis in the La Liga standings.
Current La Liga standings
The current standings in La Liga show us how Valencia and Real Betis have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 14 clash this coming Thursday.
Latest form and fixture history of Valencia against Real Betis
Valencia hope to stop the rot
A single point is all Valencia have to show from their last three games, where they came up short, losing 1-2 and 0-1 against Mallorca and Barcelona respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation with a 1-1 against Real Sociedad.
Real Betis continue to collect points
Real Betis will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. In their three most recent outings, Real Betis won 0-2 and 3-0 against Real Sociedad and HJK, before drawing 1-1 against Sevilla.
Latest games between Valencia and Real Betis
The last time the pair played each other, Real Betis came away as 3-0 winners in La Liga, back in May 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Real Betis will get you odds 3.40, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 29% chance of beating Valencia. You can get a price of 2.25, should you wish to add Valencia to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Betting stats and facts for Valencia and Real Betis
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Valencia and Real Betis. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Valencia played, both teams scored
- Valencia have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Valencia have scored in 9 of the last 10 matches
- Valencia have not won the last 5 matches in a row
- Valencia have not lost 6 of the last 8 matches
- Real Betis have not lost 13 of the last 15 matches
- Real Betis have not lost the last 5 away matches in a row
- Real Betis have scored in 7 of the last 8 matches
- Real Betis have not conceded in the last 4 away matches in a row
- Real Betis have won 3 of the last 4 matches
- In 6 of the last 7 Valencia matches versus Real Betis the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 5 Valencia home matches versus Real Betis the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Valencia have conceded in the last 7 matches in a row versus Real Betis
- In 5 of the last 7 matches Valencia versus Real Betis played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 9 Valencia matches versus Real Betis the sum of goals was under 3.5
Players to watch in Valencia vs Real Betis
Edinson Cavani is enjoying a great goal-per-game ratio, as he has netted a few nice ones recently. Valencia will be relying on the services of their in-form marksman yet again, when clashing with Real Betis. The visitors are hoping Aitor Ruibal adds another goal to his current tally. He seems in quite good shape with two goals in their last six matches.
Best betting tips: Valencia vs Real Betis
To sum up, the upcoming match between Valencia and Real Betis seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.