Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Ligue 1 round 5 game between Toulouse and PSG and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Struggling Toulouse are most likely in for a tough assignment, when going up against PSG this coming Wednesday at Stadium Municipal. With a string of mediocre performances, at best, it would be astounding to see the former take any point here.Toulouse enter the match against PSG hoping to gain some ground on the latter in Ligue 1 standings. A positive result could prove pivotal to their upcoming challenges this season.
Current table in the Ligue 1
The current standings in the Ligue 1 show us how Toulouse and PSG have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 5 clash this coming Wednesday.
Current form and fixture history of Toulouse vs PSG
Toulouse hoping for fresh start
Toulouse will enter the match hoping to see the back of some rather disappointing results in recent matches.They came away from their last three matches with four points, as Toulouse beat Troyes 0-3, followed by a 2-2 draw against Lorient. Most recently, they were left licking their wounds in a 3-1 defeat against Nantes.
PSG are looking formidable
PSG look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last three matches saw them gaining seven points. They ran out 5-2 and 1-7 winners against Montpellier and Lille, respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Monaco, who claimed a point in a 1-1 draw.
Latest encounters between Toulouse and PSG
PSG not only managed to beat Toulouse in their last two meetings in the Ligue 1. They also kept a clean sheet on the way winning 4-0 in August 2019 and 1-0 in March 2019. Perhaps something worth considering before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Toulouse vs PSG Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Toulouse and PSG. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Toulouse have scored in 42 of the last 43 home matches
- Toulouse have not lost 23 of the last 25 home matches
- Toulouse have won 10 of the last 12 home matches
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Toulouse played, both teams scored
- Toulouse have scored in 9 of the last 11 matches
- PSG have not lost the last 18 matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 35 of the last 37 matches
- PSG have not lost the last 10 away matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 22 of the last 24 away matches
- PSG have won 10 of the last 11 matches
- Toulouse have not won 19 of the last 20 matches versus PSG
- Toulouse have conceded in 18 of the last 20 matches versus PSG
- Toulouse have lost 8 of the last 10 matches versus PSG
- In the last 5 Toulouse home matches versus PSG the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Toulouse have lost 7 of the last 9 home matches versus PSG
Players to focus on in Toulouse vs PSG
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Rafael Ratao. He is one of the players from Toulouse who are in their best form. He managed to find the back of the net two times in his last 6 games, and will surely want to add some more goals against PSG.
The visitors will be looking to in-form Kylian Mbappe to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently. Kylian Mbappe netted eight goals for PSG in their last 6 matches.
Toulouse vs PSG Match predictions
To summarise, the upcoming match between Toulouse and PSG appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.