Our betting experts preview the European Championship match between Sweden and Belgium and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Sweden enjoy home advantage when visitors Belgium swing by on Friday for a clash in the European Championship. This will be the first game of their respective Group F qualifying campaigns.
Sweden vs Belgium Preview
Sweden are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 2-0 win against Algeria. They went on to beat Finland by 2-0, before also getting the better of Iceland in a 2-1 victory. Sweden claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the European Championship. They also drew two and lost one, as they scored ten and conceded six goals.
In their previous three matches, Belgium beat Canada 1-0, lost 0-2 against Morocco and drew 0-0 with Croatia. Belgium swept aside all competition with six win in their last six European Championship away matches. They 18 times along the way and allowed two goals against.
Sweden vs Belgium Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Sweden and Belgium. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- In 26 of the last 28 Sweden home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 18 of the last 20 Sweden matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Sweden have scored in 18 of the last 19 home matches
- Sweden have won the last 4 matches in a row while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- Sweden have won the last 4 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Belgium have scored in 21 of the last 23 away matches
- In 13 of the last 15 Belgium away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 8 Belgium matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 3 Belgium away matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Belgium have not lost 11 of the last 13 away matches
Sweden vs Belgium Betting Tips
In their last 10 matches at Friends Arena across all tournaments, Sweden won seven times, drew one, and lost two times. Belgium claimed four wins, four draws, and two defeats in their last 10 games away. Sweden have 4 wins in a row.
Both teams to score
Sweden scored the first goal of the match in five of their previous ten games. Belgium scored the opening goal in four of a possible ten games. The Red Devils managed two wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches.
Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Sweden, who scored an average of 1.5 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Belgium’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.3 goals in these matches.
Match predictions: Sweden vs Belgium
To sum up, the upcoming match between Sweden and Belgium seems to be a good betting opportunity.