Sports Innovation previews the Super Lig match between Goztepe and Galatasaray and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Goztepe go up against Galatasaray at Gursel Aksel Stadium on Monday night in the Turkish Super Lig.
Ranked 16th in the Super Lig table, Nestor El Maestro’s side have collected 27 points from 25 games. They sit 2 points behind their 15th-placed opponents, Galatasaray, in the standings.
Goztepe go into their next Super Lig match, averaging a humble 1.4 goals per game in their last 10 matches, in which they scored a mundane 14 times while conceding 14 goals. That amounts to an average of 1.4 per game, where they kept their opponents from scoring 1 time.
In contrast, Galatasaray are averaging a lowly 0.9 goals per game in their last 10 matches. They scored a disappointing total of 9 goals, while also conceding 16 goals. That amounts to an average of 1.6 per game, in which they kept their opponents from scoring 1 time.
Facts and figures for Goztepe vs Galatasaray in Super Lig.
- Goztepe have scored in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Goztepe have not lost 8 of the last 10 home matches
- Goztepe have won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Goztepe have conceded in 5 of the last 6 matches
- Galatasaray have not won 14 of the last 15 matches
- In the last 6 matches in a row Galatasaray played, both teams scored
- Galatasaray have conceded in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Galatasaray have lost 6 of the last 8 matches
- Galatasaray have scored in 8 of the last 9 matches
- Goztepe have lost 13 of the last 15 matches versus Galatasaray
- Goztepe have conceded in the last 11 matches in a row versus Galatasaray
- Goztepe have not won 13 of the last 15 matches versus Galatasaray
- In the last 5 matches in a row Goztepe versus Galatasaray played, both teams scored
- In the last 5 Goztepe matches versus Galatasaray the sum of goals was over 2.5
Current form — Goztepe vs Galatasaray
The hosts hope to bounce back
Goztepe have been a bit bleak in their last 3 matches, although it opened with a 2-1 victory against Istanbul Büyüksehir. Unable to follow that up, they went down 2-0 against Altay, before handing over all 3 points in a 2-1 defeat against Hatayspor.
Visitors are desperate for points
Galatasaray enter the contest on a barren run of form. In their last 3 matches, they first lost 6-2 to Tuziaspor before settling for consecutive 1-1 draws against Alanyaspor and Kayserispor.
How do the bookies view it?
At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Galatasaray will get you odds 2.50, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 40% chance of beating Goztepe. You can get a price of 2.95, should you wish to add Goztepe to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Goztepe vs Galatasaray – Fixture History
The last time the pair played each other, Galatasaray came away as 2-1 winners in a Super Lig, back in September 2021.
In the last 10 meetings of these teams, an advantage was formed on the side of Galatasaray. Over 2.5 goals came out 6 times in the last 10 encounters between these two teams. Goztepe managed an average of 0.7 goals, while Galatasaray averaged 1.9 goals in these. Both teams to score was a winning bet 6 times in this run of matches.
Current table in the Super Lig
Ahead of their latest Super Lig match, both Goztepe and Galatasaray will be looking for their main strikers. Accordingly, we have listed some of the in-form players who are expected to be getting it on for each team this season.