Our betting experts preview the FA Cup match between Sunderland and Fulham and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
We are zooming in on Sunderland and Fulham, as the pair take each other on at the Stadium of Light this Wednesday.
This is a replay of their fourth-round FA Cup clash after the two teams finished all square in their original meeting on January 28. They drew 1-1 at Craven Cottage.
Sunderland vs Fulham Preview
Aiming to remain unbeaten, Sunderland managed to beat Middlesbrough 2-0, before drawing 1-1 with Fulham. Most recently, they had to settle for a 1-1 draw with Millwall. The Black Cats did not win any of their last six FA Cup matches at the Stadium of Light. They came through these matches with a record of zero draws and three defeats, in which they conceded seven and scored nine goals.
Fulham are on a four-match winless run, finishing the last two with a 1-1 draw against Sunderland and a 0-0 stalemate at Chelsea. The Cottagers performed a very admirable four wins in six FA Cup away matches, drawing none but losing twice as well. They scored eight times, while also conceding nine goals.
Sunderland vs Fulham Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Sunderland and Fulham. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Sunderland have scored in the last 12 matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 9 matches Sunderland played, both teams scored
- In 13 of the last 15 Sunderland matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Sunderland home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Sunderland have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- In the last 12 Fulham matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Fulham have won 3 of the last 4 away matches without conceding a goal
- In the last 5 Fulham away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Fulham have scored in 9 of the last 10 away matches
- In 5 of the last 6 Fulham matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Sunderland vs Fulham Betting Tips
Sunderland claimed all three points four times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing two along the way. They endured defeat in four of the games in this run. Fulham won five of their last 10 games away, drawing one and losing four in this series of matches.
Both teams to score
Sunderland scored the first goal of the match in four games from a possible ten. Fulham scored the opening goal in six of the last ten games. Of the previous 10 outings, Sunderland scored the opening goal five times, whereas their opponents were first on target in six of their last 10 games.
Sunderland saw over 2.5 goals in five of their last ten matches across all tournaments, scoring an average of 1.6 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in three of the last ten outings for Fulham, who scored 1.2 times in those matches. Sunderland are on a nice streak of scoring at least once in their previous 13 matches.
Match predictions: Sunderland vs Fulham
To sum up, the upcoming match between Sunderland and Fulham seems to be a good betting opportunity.