Ace Football previews the EFL Cup game between Southampton and Lincoln City who meet up on Tuesday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Southampton come up against visiting side Lincoln City in an EFL Cup round 4 match. The duel will take place at St. Mary’s Stadium this Tuesday and it should be interesting enough to follow. The game has all the makings of a tight battle, with both sides desperate to book passage into the next round.
Latest form and fixture history of Southampton against Lincoln City
Saints in dismal form
A solitary draw point prevents Southampton from having nothing to show for their previous three games. They came up short in a 1-4 defeat against Newcastle, before drawing 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday. They came up empty-handed once again when Liverpool ran out as 3-1 winners.
Imps on a mixed run of form
It is difficult to point a finger at recent results for Lincoln City, as they have performed according to their level. Lincoln City added four points to their account in their previous three matches, starting off by beating Morecambe 2-1. A 2-0 defeat against Shrewsbury followed, before sharing the points with Wycombe in a 0-0 draw.
Latest encounters between Southampton and Lincoln City
This is the first time that Southampton will play Lincoln City in the EFL Cup.
Betting stats and facts for Southampton and Lincoln City
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Southampton and Lincoln City. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Southampton have scored in 27 of the last 29 home matches
- In 11 of the last 12 home matches Southampton played, both teams scored
- Southampton have conceded in the last 12 home matches in a row
- Southampton have conceded in 17 of the last 19 matches
- Southampton have not won 9 of the last 11 matches
- In 12 of the last 14 Lincoln City matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 4 matches in a row Lincoln City played, both teams scored
- Lincoln City have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 4 of the last 5 Lincoln City away matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Lincoln City have conceded in the last 7 matches in a row
Mohamed Elyounoussi has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. Southampton will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against Lincoln City. The visitors are surely hoping Jack Diamond adds another to his current tally.
Best tips for the match: Southampton vs Lincoln City
To summarise, the upcoming match between Southampton and Lincoln City appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.