Ace Football previews the Championship game between Sheffield Utd and Reading who meet up on Tuesday. The match preview includes the current team stats, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
A top-of-the-table clash awaits in round 7 of the Championship as Sheffield United welcome leaders Reading to Bramall Lane on Tuesday.
As both Sheffield Utd and Reading could be first in the table after this game, we do not need to talk much about the extra motivation that these teams have ahead of the match.
Position in the Championship table: Sheffield Utd vs Reading
Glancing at the Championship table, it is obvious this match is vital for the opposing teams. There is currently only one point between them. To put that into perspective, Sheffield Utd have an opportunity to catch up or even climb past visitors Reading in the league standings this coming Tuesday. Reading ranks as number one on 12 points before this round 7 clash. They will do their best to at least maintain the current gap with their upcoming opponents. All in all, there is much at stake and a lot to be thrilled about.
Latest form and fixture history of Sheffield Utd against Reading
Sheffield Utd on a roll
Sheffield United are enjoying a superb run of form going into their latest fixture. In their last three matches, the Blades won 2-1 and 3-0 against first Sunderland then Blackburn, before drawing 1-1 against Luton.
Reading continue to sparkle
Reading are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Blackburn got left behind in a 3-0 win, before Middlesbrough got hammered in a 1-0 victory. Millwall was the most recent victim in a 0-1 win for Reading.
Latest encounters between Sheffield Utd and Reading
Sheffield United got knocked out when Reading took a 2-1 win in their latest Championship encounter. It served as payback for the 1-0 defeat, the Blades handed out in the reverse match.
Highlights from the last time Sheffield Utd and Reading met:
Sheffield Utd vs Reading Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Sheffield Utd and Reading. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Sheffield United have not lost 17 of the last 19 home matches
- Sheffield United have scored in 16 of the last 18 home matches
- Sheffield United have won 5 of the last 6 home matches
- Sheffield United have not lost the last 4 matches in a row
- Sheffield United have scored in 7 of the last 9 matches
- Reading have conceded in 10 of the last 12 away matches
- Reading have scored in 9 of the last 11 matches
- Reading have won the last 3 matches in a row
- Reading have not lost the last 3 matches in a row
- Reading have not conceded in the last 3 matches in a row
- Sheffield United have scored in the last 11 matches in a row versus Reading
- Sheffield United have won 9 of the last 11 matches versus Reading
- Sheffield United have not lost 10 of the last 11 matches versus Reading
- In 8 of the last 9 Sheffield United home matches versus Reading the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 3 Sheffield United home matches versus Reading the sum of goals was over 2.5
Players to watch in Sheffield Utd vs Reading
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in the Championship show that Sheffield Utd might be relying on in-form Iliman Ndiaye when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Shane Long has been one of the decisive players from Reading recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop this coming Tuesday.
Sheffield Utd vs Reading Match predictions
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Championship match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.