Ace Football previews the Champions League round 4 match between Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Real Madrid will go up against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday for a Champions League meeting in Warsaw, Poland. Shakhtar Donetsk enter the match against Real Madrid hoping to gain some ground on the latter in the Group F standings. A positive result could prove pivotal to their upcoming challenges this season.
Current table in the Champions League
The current standings in Group F show us how Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 4 clash on Tuesday.
Latest form and previous Champions League encounter between Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid
Shakhtar Donetsk looking for more
It is difficult to point a finger at recent results for Shakhtar Donetsk, as they have performed according to their level. They came away from their last three matches with four points, as Shakhtar Donetsk beat RB Leipzig 1-4, followed by a 1-1 draw against Celtic. Most recently, they were left licking their wounds in a 2-1 defeat against Real Madrid.
Shakhtar Donetsk hoping to bounce back
Real Madrid went unbeaten through their last three matches, which began with a 1-1 draw against Osasuna. A 2-1 win against Shakhtar Donetsk followed before they beat Getafe by 0-1.
Latest encounters between Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Real Madrid came away as 2-1 winners. It was a match played at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu back in October 2022 in the Champions League. This time round, betting on Real Madrid will get you odds 1.40, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 71% chance of three points in Warsaw. You can get a price of 7.50, should you wish to add Shakhtar Donetsk to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid met:
Betting stats and facts for Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid played across all tournaments.
- Shakhtar Donetsk have not lost 20 of the last 22 home matches
- In the last 5 matches in a row Shakhtar Donetsk played, both teams scored
- Shakhtar Donetsk have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Shakhtar Donetsk have not lost 7 of the last 8 matches
- In 5 of the last 7 home matches Shakhtar Donetsk played, both teams scored
- Real Madrid have not lost the last 13 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 13 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have won 11 of the last 12 matches
- Real Madrid have not lost 13 of the last 15 away matches
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Real Madrid played, both teams scored
- In 6 of the last 7 Shakhtar Donetsk matches versus Real Madrid the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Shakhtar Donetsk have lost the last 3 matches versus Real Madrid in a row
- Shakhtar Donetsk have conceded in 6 of the last 7 matches versus Real Madrid
- Shakhtar Donetsk have not won the last 3 matches versus Real Madrid in a row
- Shakhtar Donetsk have scored in 5 of the last 6 matches versus Real Madrid
It is difficult to look past Maryan Shved, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 3 times in his last 6 games for Shakhtar Donetsk. Vinicius Junior has managed to score 3 times in the last half-dozen matches for Real Madrid. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Best betting tips: Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Madrid
To sum up, the upcoming match between Shakhtar Donetsk and Real Madrid seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.