Ace Football Team previews the La Liga round 14 match between Sevilla and Real Sociedad who meet up on Wednesday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
The La Liga clash at Estadio R. Sanchez Pizjuan on Wednesday sees home team Sevilla battling it out for three points with Real Sociedad. With 3 defeats in the last 6 games, the mood around the Sevilla camp could probably be a lot better. They need to up their game or prepare for more disappointment when facing Real Sociedad on their home ground.
Position in the La Liga standings: Sevilla vs Real Sociedad
The current standings in La Liga show us how Sevilla and Real Sociedad have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 14 clash this coming Wednesday.
Sevilla vs Real Sociedad – Fixture History
Sevilla hope to stop the rot
A single point is all Sevilla have to show from their last three games, where they came up short, losing 0-1 and 3-1 against Rayo Vallecano and Manchester City respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation with a 1-1 against Real Betis.
Real Sociedad struggling for results
Real Sociedad go into this encounter hoping to turn a page, as performances in recent matches have been pretty scrappy. In their previous three games, the away team lost 0-2 and 0-1 against Real Betis and Manchester United, respectively, before drawing 1-1 with Valencia.
Fixture history: Sevilla vs Real Sociedad
The last two matches between Sevilla and Real Sociedad ended in 0-0 draws during the 2021/22 La Liga campaign.
Betting stats and facts for Sevilla and Real Sociedad
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Sevilla and Real Sociedad played across all tournaments.
- Sevilla have not won 11 of the last 13 matches
- Sevilla have not won 8 of the last 9 home matches
- Sevilla have scored in 9 of the last 10 matches
- Sevilla have conceded in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Sevilla have conceded in 8 of the last 9 home matches
- Real Sociedad have scored in 14 of the last 16 away matches
- Real Sociedad have won 7 of the last 9 away matches
- Real Sociedad have not lost 7 of the last 9 away matches
- Real Sociedad have not won the last 3 matches in a row
- Real Sociedad have conceded in the last 3 matches in a row
- Sevilla have not lost 14 of the last 16 home matches versus Real Sociedad
- Sevilla have not lost 11 of the last 12 matches versus Real Sociedad
- Sevilla have scored in 14 of the last 16 home matches versus Real Sociedad
- In 3 of the last 4 Sevilla home matches versus Real Sociedad the sum of goals was over 4.5
- In 5 of the last 7 home matches Sevilla versus Real Sociedad played, both teams scored
Players to zoom in on in Sevilla vs Real Sociedad
Erik Lamela is one of the Sevilla players, who is expected to score on a regular basis. His current season total is two goals. Real Sociedad have their eyes fixed on Mikel Merino, who is on a single goal so far this campaign. No doubt more will follow soon, when he hits his stride.
Best betting tips: Sevilla vs Real Sociedad
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this La Liga match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.