Sports Innovation previews the Serie A match between Juventus and Cagliari and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
Juventus host a lowly Cagliari in Serie A on Tuesday evening for their last game of 2021.
The Bianconeri intend to end what has been a poor year by their abnormally high standards with a bang to close the six-point gap between themselves and the top-four in the Serie A table.
They appear to have rediscovered some of their old swagger recently, having won four of their last five games in all competitions.
As for Cagliari, the Islanders are down in 19th in the standings and are winless since October. They desperately need a result in Turin in order to start 2022 on the right foot.
Facts and figures for Juventus vs Cagliari in Serie A.
- Juventus have scored in 20 of the last 22 matches
- Juventus have won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Juventus have not lost 8 of the last 10 matches
- Juventus have not conceded in 4 of the last 5 matches
- Cagliari have not won the last 10 away matches in a row
- Cagliari have conceded in 20 of the last 21 matches
- Cagliari have not scored in 5 of the last 6 away matches
- Cagliari have not lost 5 of the last 7 matches
- Juventus have scored in 29 of the last 31 matches versus Cagliari
- Juventus have not lost 20 of the last 21 matches versus Cagliari
- Juventus have won 12 of the last 14 matches versus Cagliari
- In 21 of the last 23 Juventus matches versus Cagliari the sum of goals was over 1.5
- Juventus have not conceded in 4 of the last 5 home matches versus Cagliari
Current form — Juventus v. Cagliari
The Bianconeri out to continue unbeaten run
Juventus look in good shape before their upcoming match, as they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last 3 matches they first beat Malmoe FF by 1-0, before drawing 1-1 with Venezia. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out Bologna 2-0.
The Islanders hope to boost points tally
It is all or nothing with Cagliari at the moment and sadly for them, it has been more “nothing” than “all”. They first went down 4-0 in an encounter with Inter to which, they replied by beating Cittadella 3-1. Their latest encounter once again had them on the losing side when they lost 0-4 against Udinese.
How do the bookies view it?
Juventus are the clear odds-on favorites to claim all 3 points on Tuesday, with Mr. Green pricing a home win at 1.20. Betfair offers odds of 7.50 for a draw and 18.00 odds if you fancy going for a Cagliari win in Turin.
Juventus v. Cagliari — fixture history
The last time the pair played each other, Juventus came away as 3-1 winners in a Serie A, back in March 2021.
The Old Lady enter the match against Cagliari with a 9-0-1 record in their previous 10 encounters in Serie A. This amounts to a 90% winning ratio for the home side, with the visitors victorious in 10% of the last 10 encounters.
Current table in the Serie A
Looking at the current Serie A standings, Juventus and Cagliari are currently 21 points and 12 places apart. The former will no doubt attempt to grab all three points on Tuesday to move further up the league table. Despite being the outsider in this clash, Cagliari will try to make this a miserable day for their opponents. The result of this game could have a big impact on both teams in their upcoming matches.
Man of the Moment
Alvaro Morata is enjoying a great goal-per-game ratio, as he has been on target a few times recently. Juventus will be relying on the services of their in-form marksman yet again, when clashing with Cagliari. The goal dry visitors are hoping Joao Pedro can rediscover his best form, having scored just once in the last 6 games.