See the predictions our betting experts have in store for the European Championship qualifying match between Serbia and Lithuania, with the best odds and stats.
Serbia open a new European Championship qualifying campaign on Friday by welcoming Lithuania at Stadion Rajko Mitic for their Group G opener.
Serbia vs Lithuania Preview
Serbia hope for some consistency, as their last three matches added four points to their account. A meeting with Cameroon resulted in a 3-3 draw, followed by a 2-3 defeat against Switzerland, before beating the USA by 1-2. Serbia won three of their previous six matches at Stadion Rajko Mitic in the European Championship. They drew one and suffered two defeats, scoring 14 goals to 11 against.
In their past three games, Lithuania lost 1-0 against Luxembourg, drew 0-0 with Iceland, and lost 2-0 against Estonia. In their last six European Championship away matches, Lithuania failed to win even once. Instead, they’ve drawn one and lost five, scoring three while also conceding 16 times.
Serbia vs Lithuania Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Serbia and Lithuania. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- In 10 of the last 12 Serbia home matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Serbia home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 8 of the last 10 home matches Serbia played, both teams scored
- In the last 3 Serbia home matches the sum of goals was over 4.5
- Serbia have won 5 of the last 7 home matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- Lithuania have conceded in the last 25 matches in a row
- Lithuania have lost 11 of the last 12 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Lithuania have lost 7 of the last 9 away matches without scoring a goal
- Lithuania have conceded in the last 15 away matches in a row
- Lithuania have not won 20 of the last 22 matches
Serbia vs Lithuania Betting Tips
Of their 10 most recent games at Stadion Rajko Mitic across all tournaments, Serbia won six times, drew two, and lost two. Lithuania won one of their recent 10 games on their travels, as well as drawing zero and losing nine. Astonishingly, Lithuania failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 25 matches.
Both teams to score
Serbia scored the first goal of the match in four games from a possible ten. Interestingly, Lithuania scored the opening goal of the match in just two of their last ten games. Serbia will be optimistic about getting on the scoresheet this coming Friday, as Lithuania have been unable to keep a single clean sheet in their last 10 games. The former fought their way to two clean sheets in their last 10 games.
Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of Serbia’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 2.5 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Lithuania, who managed to score 0.9 times in those matches.
Match predictions: Serbia vs Lithuania
To sum up, the upcoming match between Serbia and Lithuania seems to be a good betting opportunity.