Ace Football Team previews the Serie A round 13 match between Roma and Lazio who meet up on Sunday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Roma play host to Lazio, as these rivals team up for another spicy derby in Serie A round 13 match this coming Sunday. Going into their upcoming encounter on Sunday, Lazio are looking to finish the day ahead of Roma in the Serie A standings.
Position in the Serie A standings: Roma vs Lazio
The current standings in the Serie A show us how Roma and Lazio have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 13 clash on Sunday.
Latest form and fixture history of Roma against Lazio
Roma on a roll
Roma look to build on their current momentum with another positive result. Roma swept all aside in their last three matches and started off by winning 1-2 against HJK. They went on to defeat Verona 1-3 and made it three on the spin against Ludogorets in a 3-1 victory.
Lazio hope to stop the rot
Lazio will enter the match hoping to see the back of some rather disappointing results in recent matches. Lazio have been a bit bleak in their last three matches, although it started with a 2-1 win against FC Midtjylland. Unable to follow that up, they went down 1-3 against Salernitana, before handing over all three points in a 1-0 defeat against Feyenoord.
Latest encounters between Roma and Lazio
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Roma came away as 3-0 winners. It was a match played at Stadio Olimpico, Rome back in March 2022 in Serie A. This time round, betting on Lazio will get you odds 3.80, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 26% chance of beating Roma. You can get a price of 2.00, should you wish to add Roma to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Roma and Lazio met:
Roma vs Lazio Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Roma and Lazio played across all tournaments.
- Roma have scored in 12 of the last 14 home matches
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Roma played, both teams scored
- Roma have conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Roma have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Roma have not lost 5 of the last 6 matches
- Lazio have not lost 12 of the last 14 away matches
- Lazio have scored in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Lazio have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Lazio have not conceded in the last 4 away matches in a row
- Lazio have scored in 5 of the last 6 away matches
- Roma have scored in the last 15 home matches in a row versus Lazio
- Roma have not lost 20 of the last 22 home matches versus Lazio
- In 23 of the last 25 Roma matches versus Lazio the sum of goals was over 1.5
- In 8 of the last 10 Roma matches versus Lazio the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 12 Roma home matches versus Lazio the sum of goals was over 1.5
Players to zoom in on in Roma vs Lazio
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Chris Smalling. He is one of the players from Roma who are in their best form. He managed to find the back of the net two times in his last 6 games, and will surely want to add some more goals against Lazio.
The visitors will be looking to an in-form Mattia Zaccagni to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently.
Roma vs Lazio Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming match between Roma and Lazio seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.