Ace Football previews the Coppa Italia game between Roma and Genoa who meet up this coming Thursday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
The Coppa Italia round of 16 tie this coming Thursday sees home team Roma up against Genoa. Roma are massive favourites with the bookmakers to knock out Genoa. It will be a big surprise to see the latter advance to the quarter-finals.
Current form and previous Coppa Italia encounter between Roma and Genoa
Roma look in good shape
Roma will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. Roma go into their upcoming match unbeaten in their previous three matches, which started off with a 1-1 draw against Torino. They went on to beat Bologna 1-0, before sharing the spoils with AC Milan in a 2-2 draw.
Genoa look capable of taking anyone on
Genoa look well suited to take on any opponent with seven points to show off from three matches. They started off drawing 0-0 with Ascoli Calcio 1898 FC, before downing first Frosinone by 1-0, then Bari in a 1-2 win.
Latest encounters between Roma and Genoa
Neither team found the back of the net as Roma and Genoa settled for a 0-0 draw in their last meeting. The Serie A match took place at the Stadio Olimpico on February 2022. Backing this fixture to end in another draw at full-time pays out at 4.00 at the time of writing.
Highlights from the last game between Roma and Genoa:
Betting stats and facts for Roma and Genoa
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that Roma and Genoa played across all tournaments.
- In 16 of the last 18 Roma home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Roma matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Roma have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- Roma have conceded in the last 7 home matches in a row
- Roma have not won 6 of the last 8 matches
- In the last 15 Genoa matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 16 of the last 17 Genoa away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 6 Genoa matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 4 of the last 5 Genoa matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Genoa have not won 6 of the last 8 matches
Players to zoom in on in Roma vs Genoa
Tammy Abraham has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. Roma will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against Genoa. The visitors are surely hoping Albert Gudmundsson adds another to his current total. With two goals in the last six matches, Albert Gudmundsson boasts a decent goal-to-game ratio.
Match predictions: Roma vs Genoa
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Roma and Genoa, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.