Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Serie A round 16 game between Roma and Bologna and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Roma are in with a good chance of adding three points to their total in round 16 of the Serie A this season. They will be disappointed not to beat Bologna, whom they welcome on home soil at Stadio Olimpico, Rome. The season has so far not panned out the way Roma would have hoped for beforehand. However, three points against Bologna could help reignite a spark that appears lost.
Current Serie A standings
The current standings in the Serie A show us how Roma and Bologna have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 16 clash on Wednesday.
Current form and previous Serie A encounter between Roma and Bologna
Roma desperate for points
It could have been better, it could have been worse for Roma, who have two points to show from their last three matches. They came up short in a 0-1 defeat against Lazio, followed by a 1-1 draw against Sassuolo. They picked up a point again in the latest round after a 1-1 draw with Torino.
Bologna caught in a slump
Results have been up and down for Bologna, who beat Torino by 2-1. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 6-1 against Inter, before claiming three points in a 3-0 win against Sassuolo.
Fixture history: Roma vs Bologna
The last match between Roma and Bologna ended in a 0-0 draw at Stadio Olimpico in May 2022.
Roma vs Bologna Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Roma and Bologna. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- In 16 of the last 18 Roma home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Roma have conceded in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Roma have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Roma played, both teams scored
- Roma have drawn the last 4 matches in a row
- Bologna have scored in the last 10 matches in a row
- Bologna have conceded in the last 10 away matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 9 Bologna away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 6 Bologna matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Bologna have won 6 of the last 7 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Roma have scored in 18 of the last 19 home matches versus Bologna
- In 11 of the last 13 Roma matches versus Bologna the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Roma have not lost 12 of the last 14 home matches versus Bologna
- In the last 3 Roma matches versus Bologna the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 6 of the last 7 Roma home matches versus Bologna the sum of goals was under 3.5
Man of the Moment
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in Serie A show that Roma might be relying on Nicolo Zaniolo when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Lewis Ferguson has been one of the decisive players from Bologna recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop this coming Wednesday.
Roma vs Bologna Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming Serie A clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.