Our betting experts preview the La Liga match between Real Madrid and Girona and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
The upper end meets the lower end of the La Liga standings, as Real Madrid face off against Girona. It is a match that offers both sides the opportunity to either consolidate or improve on their position in the La Liga table. As Girona are behind Real Madrid in the table by double digits, beating the league leaders would not only be surprising but also massive for the hosts.
Position in the La Liga table: Real Madrid vs Girona
The current standings in La Liga show us how Real Madrid and Girona have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 12 clash this coming Sunday.
Latest form and previous La Liga encounter between Real Madrid and Girona
Trouble looms for Girona
Real Madrid are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out Elche by 0-3, before beating Sevilla by 3-1. The winning streak came to an end against RB Leipzig, who ran out 3-2 winners.
Trouble looms for Girona
Girona have been a tad mediocre in their last three matches where a win has failed to come their way. Against Cadiz, they gained a point in a 1-1 draw, before coming up short against Almeria, who ran out 3-2 winners. Lately, they managed to steal a point in a 1-1 with Osasuna.
Fixture history: Real Madrid vs Girona
The last time the pair played each other, Girona came away as 2-1 winners in La Liga, back in February 2019. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Girona will get you odds 13.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with an 8% chance of beating Real Madrid. You can get a price of 1.20, should you wish to add Real Madrid to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Betting stats and facts for Real Madrid and Girona
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Real Madrid and Girona played across all tournaments.
- Real Madrid have not lost the last 18 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 18 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have won 15 of the last 17 matches
- Real Madrid have not lost the last 10 home matches in a row
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 10 home matches in a row
- In the last 8 matches in a row Girona played, both teams scored
- Girona have conceded in the last 13 matches in a row
- Girona have not won 11 of the last 13 matches
- In the last 4 away matches in a row Girona played, both teams scored
- Girona have scored in 13 of the last 15 matches
- In the last 4 matches in a row Real Madrid versus Girona played, both teams scored
- In the last 4 Real Madrid matches versus Girona the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 4 matches in a row versus Girona
- Real Madrid have conceded in the last 4 matches in a row versus Girona
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Federico Valverde. He is one of the players from Real Madrid who are in their best form. He managed to find the back of the net 3 times in his last 6 games, and will surely want to add some more goals against Girona.
The visitors will be looking to an in-form Rodrigo Riquelme to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently.
Real Madrid vs Girona Match predictions
To summarise, the upcoming match between Real Madrid and Girona appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.