Ace Football Team previews the La Liga round 14 match between Rayo Vallecano and Celta Vigo who meet up this coming Thursday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
The La Liga tie at Campo de Futbol de Vallecas on Thursday sees home team Rayo Vallecano up against Celta Vigo. With three wins on the bounce, Rayo Vallecano are ready to take on anyone, let alone Celta Vigo, who’ll be eager not to be the next victim in line.
Current La Liga standings
The current standings in La Liga show us how Rayo Vallecano and Celta Vigo have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 14 clash this coming Thursday.
Latest form and previous La Liga encounter between Rayo Vallecano and Celta Vigo
Rayo Vallecano in awesome shape
Rayo Vallecano are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 5-1 win against Cadiz. They went on to beat Sevilla by 0-1, before also getting the better of Real Madrid in a 3-2 victory.
Celta Vigo caught in a slump
Celta Vigo got away with only one point from their previous three games, and they claimed it in a 1-1 draw with Getafe. Then Almeria proved too strong in a 3-1 defeat, just like Osasuna who won 1-2.
Latest encounters between Rayo Vallecano and Celta Vigo
The last time the pair played each other, Celta Vigo came away as 2-0 winners in La Liga, back in February 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Celta Vigo will get you odds 3.60, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 28% chance of beating Rayo Vallecano. You can get a price of 2.20, should you wish to add Rayo Vallecano to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Rayo Vallecano and Celta Vigo played across all tournaments.
- Rayo Vallecano have conceded in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Rayo Vallecano have conceded in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Rayo Vallecano have not lost the last 5 matches in a row
- Rayo Vallecano have not lost the last 5 home matches in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Rayo Vallecano played, both teams scored
- Celta Vigo have not won 18 of the last 20 away matches
- In the last 5 matches in a row Celta Vigo played, both teams scored
- Celta Vigo have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches
- Celta Vigo have conceded in 14 of the last 16 away matches
- Celta Vigo have lost the last 5 away matches in a row
- Rayo Vallecano have not lost the last 10 home matches versus Celta Vigo in a row
- Rayo Vallecano have won 9 of the last 10 home matches versus Celta Vigo
- In 8 of the last 10 Rayo Vallecano home matches versus Celta Vigo the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Rayo Vallecano have scored in 9 of the last 10 home matches versus Celta Vigo
- Rayo Vallecano have not conceded in 8 of the last 10 home matches versus Celta Vigo
Players to watch in Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo
When looking at the list of the in-form players from both teams, we see some interesting names popping up. Alvaro Garcia currently stands out for Rayo Vallecano, with Iago Aspas starring for the visitors. We expect both could be among the goalscorers once again for their respective teams in the upcoming match this coming Thursday.
Best tips for the match: Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this La Liga match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.