Ace Football previews the Eredivisie clash between PSV Eindhoven and FC Volendam and offers team stats, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
PSV Eindhoven come up against visiting side FC Volendam in a Eredivisie round 3 match. The duel will take place at Philips Stadion this coming Wednesday and it should be interesting enough to follow.A silver medal is the absolute minimum PSV Eindhoven should achieve this coming season where the main target is of course the title.FC Volendam will be aiming to keep the relegation battle at bay in a season that has the look of a long struggle in the Eredivisie.Both PSV Eindhoven and FC Volendam aim to do their best to prove to their respective set of fans they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game this coming Wednesday.
Position in the Eredivisie table: PSV Eindhoven vs FC Volendam
The current standings in the Eredivisie show us how PSV Eindhoven and FC Volendam have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 3 clash on Wednesday.
Latest form and fixture history of PSV Eindhoven against FC Volendam
PSV Eindhoven keep on winning
Results have been on par for PSV Eindhoven in their past games, as they have performed more or less according to expectations.PSV Eindhoven hope for some consistency, as their last three matches added four points to their account. A meeting with Rangers resulted in a 2-2 draw, followed by a 0-1 defeat against Rangers, before beating Excelsior by 1-6.
FC Volendam looking for more
It is difficult to point a finger on recent results for FC Volendam, as they have performed according to their level.In their last three matches, FC Volendam drew 2-2 with FC Groningen, lost 1-4 against Nijmegen and beat Twente 1-0.
Fixture history: PSV Eindhoven vs FC Volendam
Supporters will be hoping to see another thrilling encounter between the pair. PSV Eindhoven won 5-3 against FC Volendam in a fantastic match when they last faced off in the Eredivisie.
Betting stats and facts for PSV Eindhoven and FC Volendam
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between PSV Eindhoven and FC Volendam. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- PSV Eindhoven have scored in 30 of the last 31 home matches
- PSV Eindhoven have scored in 20 of the last 22 matches
- In 8 of the last 9 matches PSV Eindhoven played, both teams scored
- PSV Eindhoven have conceded in 19 of the last 21 matches
- PSV Eindhoven have not lost 9 of the last 10 matches
- In 15 of the last 17 matches FC Volendam played, both teams scored
- FC Volendam have scored in 21 of the last 23 matches
- In 7 of the last 8 away matches FC Volendam played, both teams scored
- FC Volendam have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- FC Volendam have not won 9 of the last 10 away matches
- PSV Eindhoven have won the last 4 matches versus FC Volendam in a row
- In 3 of the last 4 PSV Eindhoven matches versus FC Volendam the sum of goals was over 4.5
- PSV Eindhoven have not lost the last 4 matches versus FC Volendam in a row
- In 3 of the last 4 PSV Eindhoven matches versus FC Volendam the sum of goals was over 3.5
- PSV Eindhoven have scored in the last 4 matches in a row versus FC Volendam
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Cody Gakpo. He is one of the players from PSV Eindhoven who are in their best form. He managed to find the back of the net five times in his last 6 games, and will surely want to add some more goals against FC Volendam.
The visitors will be looking to in-form Daryl van Mieghem to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently. Daryl van Mieghem has netted two goals for FC Volendam in their last 6 matches.
Match predictions: PSV Eindhoven vs FC Volendam
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between PSV Eindhoven and FC Volendam, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.