Ace Football previews the Ligue 1 clash between PSG and Angers and offers team news, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
PSG will be taking on visiting team Angers at Parc des Princes in a Ligue 1 tie this coming Wednesday. Their upcoming match is a difficult challenge for Angers, who next face PSG in their continuous fight to avoid relegation. They should be highly motivated to spring a surprise, even against a tough opponent like PSG.
Position in the Ligue 1 table: PSG vs Angers
The current standings in the Ligue 1 show us how PSG and Angers have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 18 clash this coming Wednesday.
Latest form and previous Ligue 1 encounters between PSG and Angers
PSG lacking consistency
PSG have been a little inconsistent recently across their last three matches. They beat Strasbourg by 2-1. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 3-1 against Lens, before claiming three points in a 1-3 win against Chateauroux.
Trouble looms for Angers
A single point prevents Angers from having nothing to show for their previous three games. They came up short, losing by 1-0 and 1-2 against AC Ajaccio and Lorient, respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation, as they were able to hang on for a 0-0 draw against Strasbourg.
Latest encounters between PSG and Angers
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, PSG came away as 0-3 winners. It was a match played at Stade Raymond Kopa back in April 2022 in the Ligue 1. This time round, betting on Angers will get you odds 17.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 6% chance of beating PSG. You can get a price of 1.10, should you wish to add PSG to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last match between PSG and Angers:
Betting stats and facts for PSG and Angers
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that PSG and Angers played across all tournaments.
- PSG have not lost 44 of the last 46 home matches
- PSG have not lost 38 of the last 39 matches
- PSG have scored in 45 of the last 46 home matches
- PSG have scored in 38 of the last 39 matches
- In the last 10 PSG matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Angers have conceded in 28 of the last 30 away matches
- Angers have not won the last 12 matches in a row
- Angers have not won 20 of the last 22 away matches
- Angers have lost 11 of the last 12 matches
- Angers have conceded in 22 of the last 24 matches
- PSG have won the last 12 matches versus Angers in a row
- PSG have not lost the last 13 matches versus Angers in a row
- PSG have won 11 of the last 12 matches versus Angers while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- PSG have scored in the last 12 matches in a row versus Angers
- PSG have won the last 7 home matches in a row versus Angers while scoring more than 1.5 goals
Players to zoom in on in PSG vs Angers
When looking at the list of the in-form players from both teams, we see some interesting names popping up. Kylian Mbappe currently stands out for PSG, with Miha Blazic starring for the visitors. We expect both could be among the goalscorers once again for their respective teams in the upcoming match on Wednesday.
PSG vs Angers Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming match between PSG and Angers seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.