Sports Innovation previews the Premier League match between Watford and Tottenham and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
A London derby awaits at Vicarage Road on New Year’s Day as Tottenham pay a visit to Watford.
The two sides sit on opposite ends of the Premier League table, with 10 places and 17 points between Watford in 17th and Tottenham in seventh, and on very different runs of form.
While Watford consistently find the back of the net, a leaky defense has proved costly. The Hornets have lost their last five games, conceding a worrying 15 goals in the process. They’re just two points above the relegation zone, and the pressure is really beginning to kick in.
Spurs, on the other hand, couldn’t break down a 10-man Southampton in a disappointing 1-1 draw on Tuesday and will be determined to make amends this weekend.
Facts and figures for Watford vs Tottenham in Premier League.
- Watford have conceded in the last 16 matches in a row
- In the last 6 matches in a row Watford played, both teams scored
- Watford have lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- Watford have not won 11 of the last 13 matches
- Watford have scored in the last 6 matches in a row
- Tottenham have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- Tottenham have scored in 8 of the last 9 matches
- In 3 of the last 4 matches Tottenham played, both teams scored
- Tottenham have conceded in 4 of the last 5 matches
- Watford have not won 13 of the last 14 matches versus Tottenham
- In the last 7 Watford matches versus Tottenham the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Watford have conceded in 11 of the last 12 matches versus Tottenham
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Watford versus Tottenham played, both teams scored
- In the last 3 Watford matches versus Tottenham the sum of goals was under 2.5
Current form — Watford vs Tottenham
The Hornets in terrible form
Watford have had to endure a tough spell in their last 3 matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 3-1 by Manchester City, before Brentford ran out 2-1 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against West Ham, who came out 4-1 winners.
Spurs to pick up the pieces
Tottenham look well suited to take on any opponent at the moment, as their last 3 matches saw them gaining 7 points. They ran out 2-1 and 3-0 winners against West Ham and Crystal Palace, respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Southampton, who claimed a point in a 1-1 draw.
How do the bookies view it?
On the back of the aforementioned results, paired with rather erratic performances by Watford, siding with Spurs at odds 1.75 seems the obvious way to go. This looks like a good opportunity to add three points to their tally. Should this price be a tad low for your betting strategy, consider adding it to an accumulator.
Watford vs Tottenham — fixture history
The latest match between Tottenham and Watford was a close affair with the former nicking a 1-0 victory.
Watford enter the match against Spurs with a 1-3-6 record in their previous 10 encounters in the Premier League. This amounts to a 10% winning ratio for the Hornets, with the away side victorious in 60% of the last 10 encounters.
Current table in the Premier League
Looking at the current Premier League standings, Watford and Tottenham are currently 17 points and 10 places apart. The Lilywhites will no doubt attempt to grab all three points on Saturday to move further up the league table. Despite being the outsider in this clash, Watford will try to make this a miserable day for their opponents. The result of this game could have a big impact on both teams in their upcoming matches. There is every reason to zoom in on the clash between Watford and Tottenham.
Primary goal getter
It is difficult to look past Emmanuel Dennis, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run, as he hit the target 5 times lately for Watford. Heung-Min Son has managed to score 4 times in the last half dozen matches for Tottenham. It is safe to say that he will both be looking to add to his tally here once again.