Our betting analysts at Ace Football preview the Premier League round 24 game between Nottingham Forest and Newcastle and offer team news, stats, facts and the best betting suggestions for the match.
The Premier League clash at City Ground, Nottingham this coming Saturday sees home team Nottingham Forest battling it out for the win against Newcastle.
Form: Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle
Nottingham Forest Form
Nottingham Forest had a bit of an up-and-down run in their previous three matches, where they lost 1-2 against Arsenal. They took a point in a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth, before beating Bristol City on penalties after a 1-1 tie. The Reds only have a single home win to show from their efforts in the past six Premier League matches at the City Ground, Nottingham. They also drew zero and lost five of these six encounters, in which they scored seven and conceded 12 goals.
Newcastle claimed seven points from their last nine available, as they won by 0-2 and 1-3 against Fulham and Aston Villa, respectively. Last time out, Luton ended up stealing a point in a 4-4 draw. The Magpies claimed just one win from the last six away games in the Premier League. They also drew zero and were defeated five times, as they were outscored by 15 goals to six.
Betting stats for Nottingham Forest and Newcastle
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on the stats from the last couple of matches that Nottingham Forest and Newcastle played across all tournaments.
- Nottingham Forest have conceded in the last 12 matches in a row in the Premier League
- Nottingham Forest have conceded in 21 of the last 23 home matches
- In 8 of the last 9 matches Nottingham Forest played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 matches in a row Nottingham Forest played in the Premier League, both teams scored
- Nottingham Forest have conceded in 17 of the last 19 home matches in the Premier League
- Newcastle have conceded in 19 of the last 20 away matches in the Premier League
- In 11 of the last 13 Newcastle matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 8 of the last 9 Newcastle matches in the Premier League, the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 5 matches in a row Newcastle played in the Premier League, both teams scored
- In the last 5 Newcastle matches in the Premier League, the sum of goals was over 3.5
Players under the radar: Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle
Nottingham Forest against Newcastle is also a battle between Chris Wood and Alexander Isak with both players in decent form. The former scored five while the latter has three Premier League goals in their last six games respectively.
Betting markets: Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle
City Ground, Nottingham witnessed Nottingham Forest winning two times in their last 10 matches there, whilst drawing three and losing five as well. Newcastle claimed three wins, two draws, and five defeats in their last 10 games away.
Both teams to score
Both teams have scored in the last six Nottingham Forest games in the Premier League, as well as in Newcastle’s past five outings. Newcastle have been ready from the outset, scoring the opening goal no less than seven times in their previous 10 outings. Nottingham Forest scored the first goal of the game in five of their last 10 games. These two sides both scored in their past four meetings at City Ground, Nottingham.
Somehow, Nottingham Forest failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 12 Premier League matches. In their last ten matches across all tournaments, Nottingham Forest saw seven of them finish with more than 2.5 goals, with themselves scoring an average of 1.7 goals during this run. In the last ten games for Newcastle, seven of them had more than 2.5 goals, and they scored an average of 2.1 goals per game themselves.
Betting tip: Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle
To summarize, the upcoming Premier League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the stats and facts for Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle mentioned in this article, we are offering a free betting tip below.