Sports Innovation previews the Premier League match between Brighton and Crystal Palace and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
Brighton & Hove Albion welcome Crystal Palace to the Amex on Friday night for their latest Premier League clash.
The two sides are evenly matched on paper, with only four points between them in the Premier League table. Brighton are three spots above their 12th-placed opponents in ninth.
The Seagulls are on a three-match unbeaten run but rarely win at home, while Crystal Palace have one of the worst away records. It should be close here. Neither side can afford to lose and have seen their fair share of goals go in from both ends of the pitch lately.
Facts and figures for Brighton vs Crystal Palace in Premier League.
- Brighton have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- In the last 3 matches in a row Brighton played, both teams scored
- Brighton have scored in 6 of the last 7 matches
- Brighton have won 3 of the last 4 matches
- Crystal Palace have conceded in 11 of the last 12 away matches
- Crystal Palace have not won 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Crystal Palace have scored in 5 of the last 6 matches
- Crystal Palace have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches
- In 7 of the last 8 matches Brighton versus Crystal Palace played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 Brighton matches versus Crystal Palace the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Brighton have conceded in the last 8 matches in a row versus Crystal Palace
- Brighton have not won the last 5 matches versus Crystal Palace in a row
- Brighton have scored in 7 of the last 8 matches versus Crystal Palace
Current form — Brighton vs Crystal Palace
The Seagulls keep target in sight
Brighton go into their upcoming match unbeaten in their previous 3 matches, which started off with a 1-1 draw against Chelsea. They went on to beat Everton 3-2, before sharing the spoils with West Brom in a 1-1 draw.
The Eagles hope to boost points tally
Crystal Palace are a bit back and forth at the moment, but at least mostly forth, as they beat Norwich by 3-0. Following that up proved too difficult as they lost 2-3 against West Ham, before claiming 3 points in a 1-2 win against Millwall.
How do the bookies view it?
Whether your preferred betting strategy includes an accumulator or singles, there are good prices to be had. Form on both sides makes this seem like a relatively equal contest on paper. Brighton have grabbed the role as fairly big favorites, though, with the bookies paying out a price of 2.15 for a win.
Brighton vs Crystal Palace — fixture history
The last time these teams faced each other, the game finished with a 1-1 scoreline.
Brighton enter the match against Crystal Palace with a 2-4-3 record in their previous 9 encounters in the Premier League. This amounts to a 22% winning ratio for the Seagulls, with the visitors victorious in 33% of the last 9 encounters. Over 2.5 goals only came out as a winning bet 4 times in their past 9 matches. Both teams found the back of the net 7 times in those 9 matches as well.
Current table in the Premier League
Looking at the current Premier League standings, Brighton and Crystal Palace are currently 4 points and 3 places apart. The Seagulls will no doubt attempt to grab all three points on Friday to move further up the league table. Despite being the outsider in this clash, Crystal Palace will try to make this a miserable day for their opponents. The result of this game could have a big impact on both teams in their upcoming matches.
Primary goal getter
It is difficult to look past Neal Maupay, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run, as he hit the target 3 times lately for Brighton, while Odsonne Edouard has managed to score 2 times in the last half dozen matches for Crystal Palace.