Ace Football previews the Premier League round 24 match between Aston Villa and Manchester United and offers team news, stats and a free betting tip with the latest odds.
Manchester United visit Villa Park on Sunday for a Premier League fixture with home side Aston Villa.
The Villans approach round 24 as number 4 in the Premier League table with 46 points on their account so far. With 23 rounds behind them, the Red Devils have amassed 38 points, placing them as number 6 in the standings.
Form: Aston Villa vs Manchester United
Aston Villa Form
Showing inconsistent form, Aston Villa lost two of their past three matches, going down 1-3 against Newcastle, before beating Sheffield United 0-5. The joy was short-lived, as Chelsea proved too strong in a 1-3 defeat. In their last six Premier League home matches, Aston Villa won four times. They’ve drawn once and lost once, scoring ten and conceding seven goals.
Manchester United Form
Manchester United look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting against Newport, who were defeated by 2-4. Then, Wolverhampton got outclassed in a 3-4 win, before beating West Ham by 3-0. The Red Devils, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn one and lost three in their last six away in the Premier League.
Betting stats for Aston Villa and Manchester United
Here are some fun facts that could come in handy when betting on the upcoming match between Aston Villa and Manchester United. The facts are based on the data from matches played across all tournaments.
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 31 home matches in a row
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 25 home matches in a row in the Premier League
- Aston Villa have not lost 23 of the last 25 home matches
- Aston Villa have won 16 of the last 18 home matches in the Premier League
- Aston Villa have not lost 17 of the last 18 home matches in the Premier League
- In 12 of the last 14 Manchester United away matches in the Premier League, the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Manchester United have won the last 3 matches in a row while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- In the last 5 Manchester United matches in the Premier League, the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 6 of the last 7 Manchester United matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Manchester United have won the last 3 matches in a row and the sum of goals was over 2.5
Players to watch: Aston Villa vs Manchester United
Looking at the market for a goalscorer, it seems a good idea to side with John McGinn, who is performing well for the Villans. He has found the back of the net twice in his most recent Premier League outings. He’ll be out to add more goals against Manchester United. The visitors will be looking to Rasmus Hoejlund to find the net once again, after managing four Premier League goals for Manchester United in recent matches.
Betting markets: Aston Villa vs Manchester United
Aston Villa claimed seven wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing one and losing two. Manchester United won four of their last 10 away games, as they also drew two and lost four of these matches.
Both teams to score
Aston Villa scored the first goal in six out of their last ten games. Manchester United scored the opening goal in six of the last ten away from home. The Red Devils managed two wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches. Both teams have also scored in the past three meetings between Aston Villa and Manchester United at Villa Park.
In Aston Villa’s last ten matches, there were more than 2.5 goals in six of them, and they scored an average of 1.6 goals. Manchester United also had more than 2.5 goals in six of their last ten games, and they scored an average of 1.9 goals per game.
Betting prediction: Aston Villa vs Manchester United
To sum up, the upcoming match between Aston Villa and Manchester United seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with a betting prediction for this Premier League game.