Get pro tips now for the European Championship match between Portugal and Liechtenstein. Find the top stats, predictions, and odds here.
Portugal take on visitors Liechtenstein at Estadio Jose Alvalade in a European Championship qualifying tie this coming Thursday. This is the opening game of their Group J campaign.
Portugal vs Liechtenstein Preview
Portugal lost two of their last three matches, as they went down 2-1 in a meeting with South Korea. They replied by beating Switzerland 6-1, before losing again, this time 1-0 against Morocco. Portugal only pulled off two wins from a possible six in recent European Championship matches on home soil. Of the remaining four matches, they drew three and lost one, as they scored 14 and conceded seven goals.
Liechtenstein endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 0-2 by Andorra, before Moldova ran out 2-0 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Gibraltar, who came out 2-0 winners. Liechtenstein didn’t manage a single away win in their last six European Championship matches, but managed one draws while suffering five defeats. They conceded 21 and scored one goal themselves.
Portugal vs Liechtenstein Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Portugal and Liechtenstein. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Portugal have won 11 of the last 13 home matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Portugal have won 11 of the last 13 home matches
- Portugal have scored in 18 of the last 20 home matches
- Portugal have not lost 12 of the last 14 home matches
- Portugal have won 3 of the last 4 home matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- Liechtenstein have lost 14 of the last 16 matches without scoring a goal
- Liechtenstein have lost the last 13 matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Liechtenstein have not won the last 25 matches in a row
- Liechtenstein have lost 14 of the last 16 matches while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- Liechtenstein have lost the last 13 matches in a row
Portugal vs Liechtenstein Betting Tips
Estadio Jose Alvalade witnessed Portugal winning eight times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing zero and losing two as well. Liechtenstein claimed zero wins, one draw, and nine defeats in their last 10 games away. Incredibly, Liechtenstein lost their last 13 matches.
Both teams to score
Portugal scored the first goal in seven out of their last ten games. Interestingly, Liechtenstein have failed to score in 4 consecutive games. Portugal will be optimistic about getting on the scoresheet on Thursday, as Liechtenstein have been unable to keep a single clean sheet in their last 10 games. The former fought their way to four clean sheets in their last 10 games.
Portugal saw over 2.5 goals in five of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 2.2 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals appeared in two of the last ten matches that Liechtenstein played across all tournaments. They scored 0.1 times on average in the process. Liechtenstein did not score a single goal in 4 consecutive games
Match predictions: Portugal vs Liechtenstein
To sum up, the upcoming match between Portugal and Liechtenstein seems to be a good betting opportunity.