Ace Football previews the La Liga clash between Osasuna and Barcelona and offers team news, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Struggling Osasuna are most likely in for a tough assignment when going up against Barcelona on Tuesday at Estadio El Sadar. With a string of mediocre performances, at best, it would be astounding to see the former take any point here. Although Osasuna are behind Barcelona in the table by double digits, beating the league leaders in La Liga would be huge for the hosts.
Position in the La Liga table: Osasuna vs Barcelona
The current standings in La Liga show us how Osasuna and Barcelona have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 14 clash on Tuesday.
Latest form and previous La Liga encounter between Osasuna and Barcelona
Osasuna look to build on their current momentum with another positive result. Their last three matches saw Osasuna drawing 1-1 with Girona, before taking out Real Valladolid by 2-0, and Celta Vigo by 1-2.
Barcelona keep on winning
Barcelona are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Valencia got left behind in a 0-1 win, before Viktoria Plzen got hammered in a 2-4 victory. Almeria was the most recent victim in a 2-0 win for Barcelona.
Latest encounters between Osasuna and Barcelona
The last time the pair played each other, Barcelona came away as 4-0 winners in La Liga, back in March 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Barcelona will get you odds 1.53, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 65% chance of beating Osasuna. You can get a price of 5.75, should you wish to add Osasuna to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Osasuna vs Barcelona Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Osasuna and Barcelona played across all tournaments.
- Osasuna have scored in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Osasuna have won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Osasuna have not lost 8 of the last 10 home matches
- Osasuna have scored in 9 of the last 11 matches
- Osasuna have not lost the last 4 matches in a row
- Barcelona have scored in 12 of the last 14 away matches
- Barcelona have won 5 of the last 6 matches
- Barcelona have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Barcelona have not lost 7 of the last 9 matches
- In 12 of the last 14 Osasuna matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Osasuna have not won 16 of the last 18 matches versus Barcelona
- Osasuna have conceded in 19 of the last 21 matches versus Barcelona
- Osasuna have not won 15 of the last 17 home matches versus Barcelona
- Osasuna have conceded in 9 of the last 10 home matches versus Barcelona
Man of the Moment
Ezequiel Avila has been the most prolific scorer for the home team recently. Surely, Osasuna will be relying on him to once again shine in their upcoming match. Meanwhile, Barcelona will be looking to Robert Lewandowski in the hope that he will add more goals to his current total of 4 goals in his last 6 games.
Osasuna vs Barcelona Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming match between Osasuna and Barcelona seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.