Our betting experts preview the European Championship match between Northern Ireland and Finland and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Northern Ireland welcome Finland to Windsor Park on Sunday for the second game of their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign in Group H.
Northern Ireland vs Finland Preview
Northern Ireland Form
Northern Ireland added two wins to their account in their three most recent outings, as they beat Kosovo by 2-1. Their next match left them empty-handed in a 3-1 defeat against Greece, followed up by a 0-2 win against San Marino. Northern Ireland claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the European Championship. They also drew one and lost two, as they scored seven and conceded five goals.
Finland endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 2-0 by Sweden, before Estonia ran out 0-1 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Denmark, who came out 3-1 winners. In their last six European Championship away matches, Finland have three wins, they’ve drawn zero and lost one three. They scored eight while also conceding nine times. They also experienced zero draws and three defeats.
Northern Ireland vs Finland Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Northern Ireland and Finland. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- In 21 of the last 23 Northern Ireland home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Northern Ireland have not won 13 of the last 15 home matches
- In 6 of the last 8 Northern Ireland home matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In the last 4 matches in a row Northern Ireland played, both teams scored
- In the last 4 Northern Ireland matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 22 of the last 24 Finland matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 12 of the last 13 Finland matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Finland away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Finland have not won 11 of the last 13 matches
- In 9 of the last 11 Finland away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Northern Ireland vs Finland Betting Tips
Northern Ireland claimed two wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing five and losing three. Finland won three of their last 10 away games, as they also drew two and lost five of these matches.
Both teams to score
Amazingly, Northern Ireland scored the first goal of the match in just two out of the last ten games at home. Finland got the opening goal in five out of their last ten away games. Of the previous 10 outings, Finland scored the opening goal five times, whereas Northern Ireland were first on target in two of their last 10 games.
Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Northern Ireland’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.2 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of the last ten outings for Finland, who managed to score one time in those matches.
Match predictions: Northern Ireland vs Finland
To sum up, the upcoming match between Northern Ireland and Finland seems to be a good betting opportunity.