The Black and Yellows are scanning the market to add a new forward to their ranks.
Umar Sadiq has emerged as a serious option to replace Sebastien Haller at Borussia Dortmund.
Following the Ivorian’s cancer diagnosis, Dortmund have started their efforts to sign a new striker ahead of the new season.
According to Futbol Fantasy, Sadiq has left his house at El Toyo and awaits his German work permit.
The Nigerian striker scored 18 goals and provided 12 assists in his 36 appearances for Almeria last season.
Dortmund were keen to sign the former AS Roma star back in 2016. However, the move fell through due to the two club’s different valuations of the player.
The Black and Yellows reportedly tried to sign Sadiq on a €25m. But Almeria have managed to add €5m more after further negotiations earlier this week.
Sadiq, who played a key role in Almeria’s promotion to La Liga this season, will reportedly complete his move to Dortmund in the coming days.
On Wednesday, Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke confirmed his side will sign a replacement for Haller.
“We said as long as we don’t have a clear diagnosis, we have to keep the ball flat first. That’s also a matter of respect for the boy,” he told Sportschau.
“But we have it now and of course, it’s clear then that the downtime will be relatively long.
“Now dumping everything on Youssoufa Moukoko’s shoulders, he’s 17 years old, that might be a bit too much. We’ll do something again in terms of personnel. Ideally, something should happen in the next eight to ten days.”