Ace Football previews the Premier League clash between Newcastle Utd and Man City and offers team stats, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Newcastle Utd come up against visiting side Man City in a Premier League fixture. The game will take place at St James’ Park on Sunday and it should be an exciting one.
In a season where everything runs absolutely smoothly, Newcastle Utd might be able to surprise. However, a finish inside the top half of the Premier League looks like the most realistic scenario. Anything lower than at least a second-place finish, meanwhile, would probably be considered a disappointment for Man City, as they look to build a title challenge.
The way we look at it, both Newcastle Utd and Man City will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game on Sunday.
Position in the Premier League standings: Newcastle Utd vs Man City
The Premier League standings show that Newcastle Utd and Man City are two points and four places apart at the moment. Man City will be looking to claim all three points on Sunday to show that they deserve the position at the fun end of the league table. Despite being outsiders, Newcastle Utd will no doubt try to make life difficult for the favorites. There is every reason to be excited to see how this game pans out.
Current form and fixture history of Newcastle Utd vs Man City
Tough-to-beat Newcastle Utd
The Magpies look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last 3 matches saw them gain 7 points. They ran out 1-2 and 2-0 winners against Burnley and Nottingham F. respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Brighton, who claimed a point in a 0-0 draw.
Man City continue to collect points
Man City look to build on their current momentum with another positive result. In their last three matches, Pep Guardiola’s side lost against Liverpool by 3-1, beat West Ham by 0-2 winning 4-0 against Bournemouth.
Latest encounters between Newcastle Utd and Man City
Man City left Newcastle Utd begging for mercy when they clattered them 5-0 and 4-0 in their previous meetings in the Premier League. No doubt worth keeping in mind before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Highlights from the last match between Newcastle Utd and Man City:
Betting stats and facts for Newcastle Utd and Man City
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Newcastle Utd and Man City. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Newcastle have won 12 of the last 13 home matches
- Newcastle have not lost 13 of the last 14 home matches
- Newcastle have scored in 13 of the last 14 home matches
- Newcastle have not lost 8 of the last 10 matches
- Newcastle have scored in 8 of the last 10 matches
- Manchester City have scored in the last 15 matches in a row
- Manchester City have scored in 26 of the last 28 away matches
- Manchester City have not lost 18 of the last 20 away matches
- Manchester City have not lost 12 of the last 14 matches
- Manchester City have won 7 of the last 9 matches
- Newcastle have conceded in the last 27 matches in a row versus Manchester City
- Newcastle have not won 28 of the last 29 matches versus Manchester City
- Newcastle have conceded in the last 14 home matches in a row versus Manchester City
- Newcastle have not won 13 of the last 14 home matches versus Manchester City
- In 8 of the last 9 Newcastle matches versus Manchester City the sum of goals was over 2.5
Players to zoom in on in Newcastle Utd vs Man City
Callum Wilson has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. Newcastle Utd will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against Man City. The visitors are surely hoping Kevin De Bruyne adds another to his current total.
Best tips for the match: Newcastle Utd vs Man City
To summarise, the upcoming match between Newcastle Utd and Man City appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.