Ace Football Team previews the Premier League round 16 match between Newcastle United and Chelsea who meet up this coming Saturday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
The Premier League clash at St James’ Park this coming Saturday sees home team Newcastle United battling it out for three points with Chelsea. With four wins on the bounce, Newcastle United are ready to take on anyone, and motivation should be high to let Chelsea be the next victim in line.
Position in the Premier League table: Newcastle United vs Chelsea
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Newcastle United and Chelsea have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 16 clash this coming Saturday.
Current form and fixture history of Newcastle United vs Chelsea
Newcastle United are looking formidable
Newcastle United look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last 3 matches saw them gain 7 points. They ran out 4-0 and 1-4 against Aston Villa and Southampton respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Crystal Palace, who claimed a point in a 0-0 draw.
Chelsea hope to stop the rot
Chelsea have been a bit bleak in their last three matches, although it started with a 2-1 win against Dinamo Zagreb. Unable to follow that up, they went down 0-1 against Arsenal, before handing over all three points in a 2-0 defeat against Manchester City.
Latest games between Newcastle United and Chelsea
Chelsea not only managed to beat Newcastle United in their last two meetings in the Premier League. They also kept a clean sheet on the way winning 1-0 in March 2022 and 3-0 in October 2021. Perhaps something worth considering before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Newcastle United and Chelsea:
Betting stats and facts for Newcastle United and Chelsea
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Newcastle United and Chelsea. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Newcastle have not lost the last 12 home matches in a row
- Newcastle have not lost 16 of the last 17 matches
- Newcastle have scored in 18 of the last 20 home matches
- Newcastle have won 6 of the last 7 matches
- Newcastle have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Chelsea have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Chelsea have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 4 of the last 5 matches Chelsea played, both teams scored
- Chelsea have conceded in the last 5 matches in a row
- Chelsea have not lost 5 of the last 6 away matches
- In 19 of the last 21 Newcastle home matches versus Chelsea the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 9 Newcastle matches versus Chelsea the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Newcastle have lost 9 of the last 11 matches versus Chelsea
- Newcastle have not won 11 of the last 13 matches versus Chelsea
- Newcastle have conceded in 13 of the last 15 matches versus Chelsea
Players to zoom in on in Newcastle United vs Chelsea
It is difficult to look past Miguel Almiron, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 4 times in his last 6 games for Newcastle United. Kai Havertz has managed to score 2 times in the last half-dozen matches for Chelsea. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Best tips for the match: Newcastle United vs Chelsea
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Premier League match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.