Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Champions League round 6 game between Manchester City and Sevilla and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Sevilla hope to close the gap on Group G leaders Manchester City, when they face off in a round 6 match on Wednesday.
Current table in the Champions League
The current standings in Group G show us how Manchester City and Sevilla have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 6 clash this coming Wednesday.
Current form and previous Champions League encounter between Manchester City and Sevilla
Tough-to-beat Manchester City
Manchester City look good before their upcoming match, in which they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat Brighton by 3-1, before drawing 0-0 with B. Dortmund. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out Leicester 0-1.
Sevilla looking for more
It is all or nothing with Sevilla, who only triumphed once in their previous three outings. They were defeated 3-1 against Real Madrid, before beating FC Copenhagen 3-0. Unable to build on that, they lost 0-1 against Rayo Vallecano.
Latest encounters between Manchester City and Sevilla
The last time the pair played each other, the Citizens came away as 4-0 winners in a Champions League, back in September 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Sevilla will get you odds 12.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with an 8% chance of beating Manchester City. You can get a price of 1.25, should you wish to add Manchester City to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last match between Manchester City and Sevilla:
Betting stats and facts for Manchester City and Sevilla
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Manchester City and Sevilla played across all tournaments.
- Manchester City have won the last 14 home matches in a row
- Manchester City have not lost 28 of the last 30 home matches
- Manchester City have scored in 29 of the last 30 home matches
- Manchester City have not lost 22 of the last 24 matches
- Manchester City have not won 3 of the last 4 matches
- Sevilla have conceded in 15 of the last 17 away matches
- Sevilla have not won 11 of the last 13 away matches
- In 6 of the last 8 away matches Sevilla played, both teams scored
- Sevilla have scored in the last 7 matches in a row
- Sevilla have not won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Manchester City have won the last 3 matches versus Sevilla in a row
- In the last 3 Manchester City matches versus Sevilla the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Manchester City have not lost the last 3 matches versus Sevilla in a row
- Manchester City have scored in the last 3 matches in a row versus Sevilla
Players to zoom in on in Manchester City vs Sevilla
With Erling Haaland out of the picture, Manchester City could turn to players like Riyad Mahrez for goals on Wednesday. On the other side, Youssef En-Nesyri has been one of the decisive players from Sevilla recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop.
Match predictions: Manchester City vs Sevilla
To sum up, the upcoming Champions League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.