Ace Football previews the Premier League clash between Man Utd and Brighton and offers team stats, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Man Utd come up against visiting side Brighton in a Premier League fixture. The game will take place at Old Trafford this coming Sunday and it should be an exciting one.
A season somewhat above expectations could perhaps make Man Utd a contender in a title race, though they do look capable of a podium finish if catching the right momentum. Brighton, meanwhile, might be able to surprise and challenge for a spot at the higher end of the league table.
The way we look at it, both Man Utd and Brighton will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game this coming Sunday.
Current table in the Premier League
In the opening round of the Premier League, Man Utd and Brighton will battle for their first points this campaign. Since Man Utd emerge as favorites, they are expected to only be satisfied with all three points from this match. However, Brighton will surely not make it easy for them and might as well want to grab a point in their first game of the season. The opening round of the Premier League will bring us several matches to be excited about and we believe that this clash is one of them.
Current form and previous Premier League encounters between Man Utd and Brighton
Red Devils finished on a slump
Man Utd ended last season a bit bleak in their last three matches, although it opened with a 3-0 victory against Brentford. Unable to follow that up, they went down 4-0 against Brighton, before handing over all three points in a 1-0 defeat against Crystal Palace.
Seagulls hope to continue fine form
Results ended on a high note for Brighton leading into the final weeks of the previous campaign. In their last three matches, the Seagulls beat Manchester United 4-0, drew 1-1 with Leeds and beat West Ham by 3-1.
Latest encounters between Man Utd and Brighton
Man Utd got knocked out when Brighton took a 4-0 win in their latest Premier League encounter. It served as payback for the 2-0 defeat, the Red Devils handed out in the reverse match.
Betting stats and facts for Man Utd and Brighton
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Man Utd and Brighton played across all tournaments.
- Manchester United have conceded in 16 of the last 18 matches
- Manchester United have not lost 11 of the last 13 home matches
- In 6 of the last 8 home matches Manchester United played, both teams scored
- Manchester United have conceded in 9 of the last 10 home matches
- In 4 of the last 5 matches Manchester United played, both teams scored
- Brighton have not lost 12 of the last 14 matches
- Brighton have scored in 14 of the last 16 away matches
- In 5 of the last 7 matches Brighton played, both teams scored
- Brighton have scored in 8 of the last 10 matches
- Brighton have not lost 5 of the last 6 away matches
- In 7 of the last 8 Manchester United matches versus Brighton the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Manchester United have won the last 5 home matches versus Brighton in a row
- Manchester United have won 6 of the last 7 matches versus Brighton
- Manchester United have not lost the last 5 home matches versus Brighton in a row
- Manchester United have not lost 6 of the last 7 matches versus Brighton
Primary goal getter
It is difficult to look past Cristiano Ronaldo, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target three times in his last 6 games for Man Utd – but will he play? The Portuguese ace missed the bulk of pre-season and is in a race against time to get back up to full fitness.
Danny Welbeck, meanwhile, has managed to score three times in the last half dozen matches for Brighton.
Match predictions: Man Utd vs Brighton
To sum up, the upcoming match between Man Utd and Brighton seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.