Ace Football previews the Premier League round 2 match between Man City and Bournemouth and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Bournemouth will go up against Man City this coming Saturday for a Premier League meeting at Etihad Stadium.
The big goal of the season for Man City is naturally winning the title, and a place inside the top 2 at least should be possible in the upcoming Premier League season. Bournemouth will be aiming to keep the relegation battle at bay in a season that has the look of a long struggle in the Premier League.
Man City have their target aimed at getting one over Bournemouth this coming Saturday, but the latter is highly motivated of showing their skills in front of the crowd at Etihad Stadium.
Current table in the Premier League
According to the Premier League table, the difference between the two teams is currently zero points and two spots. This round 2 match will certainly influence both teams for the rest of the campaign. Hence, we can not wait to see Man City and Bournemouth fight for the points in their upcoming clash on Saturday.
Latest form and previous Premier League encounters between Man City and Bournemouth
Man City claimed the opening win
Man City go into this encounter hoping to turn a page, as performances in recent league matches have been pretty scrappy. The Citizens beat Aston Villa by 3-2, lost 3-1 against Liverpool, before defeating West Ham 0-2 on opening day.
Bournemouth happy with the premiere
Bournemouth are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three league matches on the bounce. Nottingham F. got left behind in a 1-0 win, before Millwall got hammered in a 1-0 victory. Aston Villa was the most recent victim in a 2-0 win in the club’s first game back in the Premier League.
Latest encounters between Man City and Bournemouth
As Bournemouth spent last season outside the Premier League, they will face off against Man City for the first time in 3 years. The last meeting between the two dates back to 15 July 2020 when Pep Guardiola’s side won 2-1 at Etihad Stadium
Highlights from the last time Man City and Bournemouth met:
Betting stats and facts for Man City and Bournemouth
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Man City and Bournemouth. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Manchester City have not lost 20 of the last 22 home matches
- Manchester City have scored in the last 14 matches in a row
- Manchester City have scored in 23 of the last 25 home matches
- Manchester City have won the last 6 home matches in a row
- Manchester City have not lost 11 of the last 13 matches
- Bournemouth have scored in 10 of the last 11 matches
- Bournemouth have scored in 11 of the last 13 away matches
- Bournemouth have not lost 4 of the last 5 away matches
- Bournemouth have lost 3 of the last 4 matches
- Bournemouth have conceded in 4 of the last 5 matches
- Manchester City have won the last 10 matches versus Bournemouth in a row
- Manchester City have not lost the last 10 matches versus Bournemouth in a row
- Manchester City have scored in the last 10 matches in a row versus Bournemouth
- In 8 of the last 10 Manchester City matches versus Bournemouth the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Manchester City have won the last 5 home matches versus Bournemouth in a row
Man of the Moment
It is difficult to look past Kevin De Bruyne, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target four times in his last 6 games for Man City. Dominic Solanke has managed to score three times in the last half dozen matches for Bournemouth. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Best betting tips: Man City vs Bournemouth
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Premier League match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.