Ace Football Team previews the Champions League round 2 match between Man City and Borussia Dortmund who meet up on Wednesday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Borussia Dortmund hope to close the gap on Champions League leaders Man City, as they face off in a round 2 match on Wednesday.
The way we look at it, both Man City and Borussia Dortmund will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game on Wednesday.
Position in the Champions League standings: Man City vs Borussia Dortmund
The current standings in Group G show us how Man City and Borussia Dortmund have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 2 clash on Wednesday.
Current form and previous Champions League encounters between Man City and Borussia Dortmund
Man City had convincing premiere
Man City look to build on their current momentum with another positive result. Man City look good before their upcoming match, in which they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat Nottingham F. by 6-0, before drawing 1-1 with Aston Villa. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out Sevilla 0-4.
Borussia Dortmund left emptyhanded
Borussia Dortmund will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. In the last three matches, Borussia Dortmund beat Hoffenheim 1-0, won 3-0 against FC Copenhagen, and lost 3-0 against RB Leipzig.
Fixture history: Man City vs Borussia Dortmund
The last time the pair played each other, Manchester City came away as 2-1 winners in a Champions League match, back in April 2021. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Borussia Dortmund will get you odds 12.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with an 8% chance of beating Man City. You can get a price of 1.20, should you wish to add Pep Guardiola’s side to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Man City and Borussia Dortmund:
Man City vs Borussia Dortmund Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Man City and Borussia Dortmund. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Manchester City have scored in the last 21 matches in a row
- Manchester City have not lost 23 of the last 25 home matches
- Manchester City have scored in 26 of the last 28 home matches
- Manchester City have not lost 18 of the last 20 matches
- Manchester City have won the last 9 home matches in a row
- B. Dortmund have scored in 46 of the last 47 matches
- B. Dortmund have scored in 47 of the last 49 away matches
- B. Dortmund have not lost 14 of the last 15 away matches
- B. Dortmund have won the last 7 away matches in a row
- B. Dortmund have not lost 7 of the last 8 matches
- In the last 4 Manchester City matches versus B. Dortmund the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 3 of the last 4 matches Manchester City versus B. Dortmund played, both teams scored
- Manchester City have conceded in the last 4 matches in a row versus B. Dortmund
- Manchester City have not lost 3 of the last 4 matches versus B. Dortmund
Players to focus on in Man City vs Borussia Dortmund
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Erling Braut Haaland. He is one of the players from Man City who are in their best form. He managed to find the back of the net 10 times in his last 6 games, and will surely want to add some more goals against his former club Borussia Dortmund.
The visitors will be looking to in-form Marco Reus to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently.
Best tips for the match: Man City vs Borussia Dortmund
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Man City and Borussia Dortmund, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.