Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Ligue 1 round 8 game between Lyon and PSG and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
PSG will visit Groupama Stadium this coming Sunday for a Ligue 1 fixture with home side Lyon.
PSG are aiming to extend the lead on Lyon in the Ligue 1 table after they go toe-to-toe on Sunday. On the other hand, the hosts should be motivated to not let the current gap get any bigger than it already is.
Position in the Ligue 1 table: Lyon vs PSG
The current standings in the Ligue 1 show us how Lyon and PSG have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 8 clash on Sunday.
Current form and previous Ligue 1 encounters between Lyon and PSG
Lyon hoping to bounce back
Results have been pretty much up to scratch in recent matches for Lyon, who have performed more or less according to expectations. Lyon managed one win in the last three matches, which was a 5-0 victory against Angers. They went on to lose 3-1 against Lorient, before getting dumped in a 2-1 defeat against Monaco.
PSG are on a roll
PSG have found a rich vein of form in recent weeks, and aim to keep their winning streak going. In their last three matches, PSG first beat Juventus 2-1, then Brest by 1-0 and finally Maccabi Haifa by 1-3.
Fixture history: Lyon vs PSG
The last match between Lyon and PSG ended in a 1-1 draw at the Groupama Stadium on January 2022.
Lyon vs PSG Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Lyon and PSG played across all tournaments.
- Lyon have scored in 36 of the last 38 home matches
- Lyon have scored in 20 of the last 22 matches
- Lyon have won 9 of the last 10 home matches
- In 7 of the last 8 matches Lyon played, both teams scored
- In 8 of the last 10 home matches Lyon played, both teams scored
- PSG have not lost the last 22 matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 39 of the last 41 matches
- PSG have won 14 of the last 15 matches
- PSG have not lost the last 12 away matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- Lyon have conceded in 24 of the last 26 matches versus PSG
- In 7 of the last 8 home matches Lyon versus PSG played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 10 Lyon home matches versus PSG the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Lyon have conceded in 14 of the last 16 home matches versus PSG
- Lyon have scored in 11 of the last 13 home matches versus PSG
Man of the Moment
It is difficult to look past Kylian Mbappe when searching for a goalscorer. He seems unstoppable and hit the target six times in the last 6 matches for PSG. With four goals in his last 6 matches for Lyon, Karl Toko Ekambi is another player to look out for. He will be gunning for more Ligue 1 goals on Sunday.
Lyon vs PSG Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming match between Lyon and PSG seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.