Despite links with a return to Chelsea this summer, Romelu Lukaku looks increasingly likely to stay at Inter Milan for another season.
Romelu Lukaku’s agent, Federico Pastorello, has implied Inter Milan have no plans to sell the striker this summer.
The 48-year-old Italian held a meeting with Inter earlier in the week that lasted almost three hours. He claimed his purpose was to discuss Keita Balde Diao, who has been linked with a return to the San Siro, but still cooled rumors linking Lukaku with an exit.
The Belgian is reportedly on Thomas Tuchel’s shortlist this summer as the Chelsea manager seeks a top striker. Erling Haaland is understood to be the German’s preferred option. Although Borussia Dortmund are reluctant to sell, making Lukaku a tempting alternative option.
— RouteOneFootball (@Route1futbol) July 17, 2021
But while Inter have sold players to balance the books, including Achraf Hakimi to Paris Saint-Germain for €60 million, the Serie A champions appear set to hold on to last season’s top scorer.
“It went well. We took stock of various situations,” Pastorello told FCInterNews about his latest meeting with the club.
When quizzed on whether Inter are calm about Lukaku, Pastorello said: “Yes, sure, sure.
“Romelu is on vacation and I think he deserves a holiday like he’s taking, there are no problems.”
Lukaku, meanwhile, has also stated he doesn’t plan to leave Inter this summer either.