Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Champions League round 6 game between Liverpool and SSC Napoli and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Liverpool take on SSC Napoli for a match in the Champions League this coming Tuesday at Anfield. First place in Group A is at stake here. Napoli will win the group if they manage to avoid losing to Liverpool by more than three goals.
Current table in the Champions League
The current standings in Group A show us how Liverpool and SSC Napoli have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 6 clash this coming Tuesday.
Current form and previous Champions League encounter between Liverpool and SSC Napoli
Liverpool in a nice flow
Liverpool will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. Showing inconsistent form, Liverpool lost two of their past three matches, going down 1-0 against Nottingham Forest, before beating Ajax 0-3. The joy was short-lived, as Leeds proved too strong in a 1-2 defeat.
SSC Napoli are looking formidable
In their last three matches, SSC Napoli first beat Roma 0-1, then Rangers by 3-0 and finally Sassuolo by 4-0.
Latest games between Liverpool and SSC Napoli
The last time the pair played each other, SSC Napoli came away as 4-1 winners in the Champions League, back in September 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on SSC Napoli will get you odds 3.50, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 29% chance of three points at Anfield. You can get a price of 1.90, should you wish to add Liverpool to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Liverpool and SSC Napoli:
Liverpool vs SSC Napoli Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Liverpool and SSC Napoli played across all tournaments.
- Liverpool have not lost 10 of the last 11 home matches
- Liverpool have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches
- Liverpool have won 6 of the last 7 home matches
- Liverpool have scored in 10 of the last 11 home matches
- Liverpool have not lost 7 of the last 9 matches
- SSC Napoli have not lost the last 26 matches in a row
- SSC Napoli have won the last 12 matches in a row
- SSC Napoli have scored in 30 of the last 32 matches
- SSC Napoli have not lost 21 of the last 22 away matches
- SSC Napoli have scored in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- In 4 of the last 5 Liverpool matches versus SSC Napoli the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Liverpool have not won the last 3 matches versus SSC Napoli in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 Liverpool matches versus SSC Napoli the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Liverpool have conceded in the last 3 matches in a row versus SSC Napoli
It is difficult to look past Victor Osimhen when searching for a goalscorer. He seems unstoppable and hit the target 6 times in the last 6 matches for SSC Napoli. His season total reads 4 goals scored in Champions League matches right now.
With 6 goals in his last 6 matches for Liverpool, Mohamed Salah is the player to look out for, as he will be gunning for more Champions League goals at Anfield.
Best betting tips: Liverpool vs SSC Napoli
To sum up, the upcoming Champions League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.