Our betting experts preview the Premier League match between Liverpool and Southampton and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Liverpool are highly favored by the bookmakers to claim a win on Saturday against Southampton in the Premier League. Southampton enter the match hoping for a strong start under new manager Nathan Jones, but a win at Anfield is always easier said than done.
Position in the Premier League standings: Liverpool vs Southampton
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Liverpool and Southampton have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 16 clash this coming Saturday.
Current form and previous Premier League encounter between Liverpool and Southampton
Liverpool hope to boost points tally
Results have been pretty much up to scratch in recent matches for Liverpool, who have performed more or less according to expectations. In their last three matches, Jurgen Klopp’s side won 2-0 and 1-2 against first SSC Napoli then Tottenham, before drawing 0-0 against Derby.
Southampton hoping for a fresh start
The mood around Southampton is pretty low right now as a win has proven hard to come by in recent weeks. A single point prevents the Saints from having nothing to show for their previous three games. They came up short, losing by 1-0 and 1-4 against Crystal Palace and Newcastle, respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation, as they were able to hang on for a 1-1 draw against Sheffield Wednesday.
Latest encounters between Liverpool and Southampton
The last time the pair played each other, Liverpool came away as 2-1 winners in the Premier League, back in May 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Southampton will get you odds 11.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 9% chance of beating Liverpool. You can get a price of 1.25, should you wish to add Liverpool to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last match between Liverpool and Southampton:
Betting stats and facts for Liverpool and Southampton
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Liverpool and Southampton. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Liverpool have scored in the last 10 home matches in a row
- Liverpool have scored in 17 of the last 19 matches
- Liverpool have not lost 11 of the last 13 home matches
- Liverpool have won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Liverpool have won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Southampton have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Southampton have not won 8 of the last 9 matches
- Southampton have lost 4 of the last 5 away matches
- Southampton have not won 4 of the last 5 away matches
- Southampton have conceded in 6 of the last 8 away matches
- In 14 of the last 16 Liverpool home matches versus Southampton the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Liverpool have not lost 15 of the last 17 matches versus Southampton
- Liverpool have won 9 of the last 10 matches versus Southampton
- Liverpool have not lost 14 of the last 16 home matches versus Southampton
- Liverpool have won the last 5 home matches versus Southampton in a row
Mohamed Salah has been the most prolific scorer for the home team recently. Surely, Liverpool will be relying on him to once again shine in their upcoming match. Meanwhile, Southampton will be looking to Romain Perraud in the hope that he will add more goals to his current total of two goals in his last 6 games.
Match predictions: Liverpool vs Southampton
To sum up, the upcoming match between Liverpool and Southampton seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.