Ace Football previews the Premier League game between Liverpool and Bournemouth who meet up this coming Saturday. The match preview includes the current team and H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Bournemouth will visit Anfield this coming Saturday for a Premier League fixture with home side Liverpool.
Entering the match this coming Saturday as a favorite, Liverpool will be looking to squeeze past Bournemouth in the Premier League table with a win. While not an impossible task, the visitors are of course highly motivated to at least maintain the current gap.
Current table in the Premier League
Glancing at the Premier League table, it is obvious this match is vital for the opposing teams. There is currently only one point between them. To put that into perspective, Liverpool have an opportunity to catch up or even climb past their opponents in the league standings on Saturday. Bournemouth ranks as number 15 on three points before this round 4 clash. They will do their best to at least maintain the current gap to their upcoming opponents. All in all, there is much at stake and a lot to be thrilled about.
Current form and previous Premier League encounter between Liverpool and Bournemouth
Reds struggling for results
The mood around Liverpool is pretty low right now as a win has proven hard to come by in recent weeks. In the previous three games, Jurgen Klopp’s side drew 2-2 with Fulham, lost 1-1 against Crystal Palace and 2-1 against Manchester United.
Cherries hope to boost points tally
Results have been pretty much up to scratch in recent matches for Bournemouth, who have performed more or less according to expectations. In their previous three games, Scott Parker’s side lost 4-0 and 0-3 against Manchester City and Arsenal, respectively, before drawing 2-2 with Norwich.
Fixture history: Liverpool vs Bournemouth
The last time the pair played each other, The Reds came away as 2-1 winners in a Premier League, back in March 2020. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Bournemouth will get you odds 26.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 4% chance of beating Liverpool. You can get a price of 1.10, should you wish to add Liverpool to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last match between Liverpool and Bournemouth:
Liverpool vs Bournemouth Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Liverpool and Bournemouth. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Liverpool have conceded in 14 of the last 16 matches
- In the last 3 matches in a row Liverpool played, both teams scored
- Liverpool have conceded in 7 of the last 8 home matches
- Liverpool have not won the last 4 matches in a row
- Liverpool have scored in 6 of the last 8 matches
- Bournemouth have conceded in 7 of the last 8 matches
- Bournemouth have lost 5 of the last 7 matches
- Bournemouth have scored in 5 of the last 6 away matches
- Bournemouth have not won 5 of the last 7 matches
- Bournemouth have not lost 5 of the last 7 away matches
- In the last 9 Liverpool matches versus Bournemouth the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Liverpool have scored in the last 10 matches in a row versus Bournemouth
- Liverpool have won the last 6 matches versus Bournemouth in a row
- Liverpool have not lost 9 of the last 10 matches versus Bournemouth
- In the last 4 Liverpool home matches versus Bournemouth the sum of goals was over 2.5
As the new Premier League campaign has recently started, we are still a bit in the dark, as to which striker will dominate the top scorer table for Liverpool and Bournemouth this season. However, there might be some interesting prospects, when looking at the list of players who are in the best form at the moment.
Match predictions: Liverpool vs Bournemouth
To sum up, the upcoming Premier League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.